• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan isn't quite the fulff ball he used to be!

They go thru a few different phases before their adult coat will come in. First they lose the fluffyness, then get some feathering and their tail unfurls, but they will 'blow' that coat around one to two.

Jaspar is still losing the fine coat to an adult coat at age 3. He is a very slow developer. They turn darker as they get older and adult hair comes in (except again for Jaspar -- his ears are a more bleached out colour but were really dark even when a puppy!).

The way the coat is changing sounds exactly like Sam (who is nearly 4 months now). I was worried about his coat when I first brought him home - it was quite yellow and very straw-like. Even the vet was concerned about how dry it was. Then a few weeks ago, a completely different type of silky, deep red fur started growing in a line along his spine and spreading out. He looks quite funny now - silky and red on top, fuzzy and yellow along the sides. It's great to watch it change. I really need to upload a picture!

wow Pauline Dylan is looking soo cute! he's growing up so nicely!..i always wished for my 2 to get there longer coats quicker..boy i never realised then how much easier it was 2 look after their puppy coat!

but Dylan is looking lovely!

Thank you all :D What looks like feathering in the pic is puppy fluff and I think it might be replaced with the shorter smoother coat.

Remember the pics of his sire in "Does Dylan look like his Dad?"? One day I am going to have my work cut out brushing that lot! He doesn't like it being brushed or rather he'd like to chew the brush while I try. He really won't t let me use the slicker brush. I'm using a soft brush.

Pauline, he's lovely!!! Actually, you won't know what his coat will look like until he is 18-24 months old. He has lots of growing to do, and I'm sure that with his tail starting to unfurl already at this young age, he will have a long, lovely coat like his dad. It will be fun to watch him develop over the next months and years. :)

Back