• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Following me everywhere!

Jaspar likes to mound my clothes up and lie on them when I'm in the shower. :rolleyes: Earlier today he made me laugh because I turned on the shower and he came charging into the bathroom when he heard the noise. :lol:

Ha ha!! It is now a ritual that Holly sits on the bath mat (watching my every move!) until i've finished and then when i get out of the shower, Holly gets in and licks the shower floor?!! icon_blshing:D

Also we can't go anywhere without her saying hello to everyone, she goes up to complete strangers, tail wagging and she loves it!! Walks turn into expiditions!! :rolleyes:

xx

I don't mind that she follows me but I do feel bad when she has just fallen asleep or is in a good sleep and she gets up to follow me. poor dear how can she get any real rest!

That is just what troubled me. I knew that it was normal for my pup to follow me EVERYWHERE, but I wasn't expecting him to get up mid-nap! I was really worried he wasn't sleeping enough! :wggle:

He he - Molly does exactly the same. We have renamed her The Shadow - she follows me everywhere: the garden, the loo, the kitchen, my office... any minute without me seems a wasted minute :D
The only exception is when she has found something forbidden (our socks etc.) that she would like to hide from us - the we have to chase her around the house LOL!

Oh they get tons of sleep, don't worry -- they sleep all night, then half the day as wel given the opportunityl. :) Most dogs will benefit from the exercise of getting up to follow their owners about! Alternatively they ould be active all day long and just sleep at night and they'd still be perfectly fine (just as we are fine on just night sleep).

Just discovered this thread, and all I can say is TRUE, TRUE, TRUE!! They just cannot stand to be away from you for a split second! I went to my parents yesterday and my Father went out in the front garden to do a job, all 3 of theirs were lined up on the stairs watching him through the window, I wish I'd had my camera with me to video them, Dad wandered off down the side of the house to put something in the garage and they all pelted through the house at top speed to meet him by the gulley gate in case he was coming back in that way!!

Then when I got home I was "accompanied" upstairs by my cuddle who had to sit outside the bathroom door! They can't all fit in my bathroom, plus there is a distinct danger of being thrown in the bath if I think they look a bit grubby! :lol:

Sabrina follows us EVERYWHERE we go!!! Now if we are both home she will usually stay where I am at, but on occassion follow my husband. The other day I was working at my second part-time job and I came home and my husband had been ironing all day for me. He said he would iron a shirt and Sabrina was on the bed content, but as soon as he moved to the closet which you can see from the bed, she would get down and follow him then back on the bed she went. He said when he took a break and sat down in the chair in the bedroom she would jump up on the chair and snuggle and when he got back up to iron she would get back on the bed. This went on all day, needless to say she snored all night long in my ear like a freight train along with hubby, now if I could just get them to be in sync it might not be so bad. YEAH RIGHT !!!!

she snored all night long in my ear like a freight train

HaHa! :p
Holly's a terrible snorer....it's like listening to a man after 10 pints!! :D

I've never heard a dog snore like this!!

So unladylike!! ;):rolleyes:

xx

I am so glad it isn't just mine. I thought maybe she was just having a hard time with separation! She follows me everywhere. I work from home and if I have to get up to go to a file cabinet, take a call, or whatever, she jumps up. If my leather chair squeeks, she barks like mad thinking a cat meowed! She can be sound asleep and she will let me know one of my 3 cats is on the front porch. It drives me mad sometimes. I just want her to relax and sleep! Other times it is endearing. Like when in the bathroom and she comes wandering in to see me. And she always has a bone or something hanging from her mouth. It goes where she goes. They are so cute and precious. I knew they were a breed that loved their owners, but wow! What love it is! My daughter always asks why Lily doesn't do this to her. I just figure she has picked me over her. :) But, we are together all the time, so it makes sense. How I love cavaliers!

I rarely go to the toilet alone, especially if it looks as though I may be going out. There have been as many as four in the bathroom with me, on occasions.

Rocky is a little shadow. He rests on the platform of the tub when I am bathing. He just has to be close. He does have a little independence and will take himself out on a grasshopper hunt or a bird chase in the yard for entertainment if he is bored. I think this has rubbed off from our other pup. She is a Tibetan Spaniel/Cavalier mix. She loves laps and follows me around but not as closely. She will wait to see if I'm coming back to the room she is in for about 5 minutes before she will come and find me. She does let me use the washroom in privacy, where as Rocky pushes in if the door is not shut tight. I actually adore this attention that they give. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Back