• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

food bowl

emmawright

tonight was a funny thing, been having problems feeding daisy the last few days and tonight i put her biscuit into a small ramekin dish (like what you would have a dessert in) and she scoffed them down!! i am pleased that she has had something to eat, but find it weird that she liked eating from a smaller bowl. her other bowl is kinda large, so maybe she just wants a smaller bowl to eat from... how weird! She also has problems with her eyes, so maybe with the larger bowl she struggled to see the food in it....

I think others on this site have found that their dog prefers a certain type of bowl. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and wonder what goes through that furry little brain :)

also some dogs are scared of their bowl...maybe she found she liked the smaller one better

I once resorted to feeding Izzy on a plate. I think they are just playing us up really, because heisn't bothered, nowadays,---but he does like his tea in a cup !

Yep Marlon is the same, only likes a plastic bowl to eat out of, but happy to drink out of anything.

Also he loves eating his kibble of of his puppy kong ... I stuff it with kibble and put a Pedigree Markie in the top !
Doggie Ice Cream ! (well kind of)

They baffle me sometimes....

I don't have to worry about Lucky being picking about where he eats. I have the opposite problem. Lucky eats so fast that sometimes I put his food in the Kong as well (there is one made specially for putting kibble inside). He enjoys the challenge of getting the food out and goes after it in record time.

I've also been working on his training before he has dinner by feeding him some of his kibble - piece by piece as he earns it. That way I don't need to worry about treats upsetting his tummy and I also know how much he's eating (I measure out his dinner beforehand and just take from that. It's amazing how attentive he is when he hasn't had dinner yet. :)

I don't have to worry about Lucky being picking about where he eats. I have the opposite problem. Lucky eats so fast
hmmph tell me about it...my two act as if they never have seen food before! and whenever someone else watches them eat they tell me that im "starving them, they need to eat more"..pff...my boys would go on eating till for all eternity if they had the chance. :roll:

Just recently Gus has started eating really well, and he gets so excited for his food. This morning I was fixing his food when my neighbor knocked on my door, I guess I was talking too long b/c Gus came and started barking at me like Lassie and led me back to the kitchen... guess he was hungry!

Pixie's kinda funny about what bowls she eats from. She does not like stainless steel bowls-she'll dump her kibble out and eat it off the floor and paw the pumpkin out. :roll:

most of her dishes are the smaller cat sized kind. I've also noticed that when we use bigger bowls, she barks for more food. Almost like she "expects" a full bowl.

Back