• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Harvey is missing Guinness!!!

Harvey

I am very sad to say that my partner and i broke up last week - he left taking our Black and Tan "Guinness" with him... Harvey has been (along with the rest of the family) very sad - quiet and sulky to barking constantly for no reason and will not stop... I have had him up in bed with me at night rather than have him in his crate downstairs which would have been the norm... I have cuddled and kissed him, fussing generally - i have brought him new toys and treats and a new bed - but nothing seems to bring back the normal Harvey...

Any ideas would be gratefully received????

Thats so sad.

How is Guinness doing without Harvey?

Would your ex consider giving Guinness back to you if you told him how Harvey is?

Could Harvey have a visit from Guinness?

Could you get another Cav if the above is not an option?

I have spoken to my ex but it would be unfair to ask him to give Guinness up and we cannot visit as he has moved back to his home in Jersey Channel Islands - we are on mainland UK, not the cheapest stretch of water to cross!

I cannot afford to get another cavalier at the moment as i am sure you will understand money is now extremely tight, espcially as i also have two young daughters to consider.

Hopefully he will get used to it in time....

Thats really sad for all involved. Such a pity you couldn't come to an arrangement to keep the dogs together, as I've found that a pair came become really attached to each other.

Millie was the same after Jack passed away - she was like a different dog. She spent her days moping about the house and it was really difficult trying to cheer her up. She developed a really strange habit of scraping at the front door in the hallway, which really broke my heart. She even went off her food. Eventually we decided that we had to get another dog for company for her and thats when we got Chloe. Ever since, she has been fine and the weid scraping habit has stopped.

As you say you can't afford another Cav at the moment, but maybe you could consider putting your name down for a rescue? Have you any dogs in your area/family that could come and visit in the meantime? Before we got Chloe, Millie always cheered up when my Mums dogs came to visit.

Hope things improve for you all soon :flwr:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that your relationship has ended. This must be such a difficult time for you and your family. I'm equally sorry to hear that Harvy is upset. I supose this is only natural given that his home life has changed enormously and his pal has moved away. How is Guinness getting on? I have no adivse, I simply want to :hug: :hug: you all.

:hug: I'm so sorry. I would keep on asking for Guinness. Maybe your ex partner will have to go to work and may at some point find it difficult to look after Guinness. Better still, get the kids to ask for him back :rolleyes:

Back