• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heart failure in the MVD-affected cavalier King Charles spaniel

Thank you Rod for the link you sent through, very informative, also Mel and Karen thank you for your reassuring and helpful advice, feeling a lot happier, the reason why Ruby was so distant and vague, when she came home from vets is because they had sedated her with Buprenorphine, she was away with the fairies lol, next day she was fine. I am feeling quite positive at the moment, and she is responding ok so far with her meds, everything you have expressed in your posts is basically right, some days better than others. She had a visit to see the vet today, just to see how she was doing with the meds, then back in three weeks, i have had there coats clipped short, to keep them cool,its strange how you become so focused on there health, especially Ruby its been a constant battle over the years, find myself scrutinising every little ailment,but she is such a stoic little dog, i will keep you all updated with things, thank you all so much. Karen, Ruby and Sadie xxx

A small postscript. If Ruby took a long time to emerge from her sedation, it may be because she is particularly sensitive to it. My Oliver needed very small amounts of sedative and anaesthetic to put him out and this was noted in his file. Otherwise he took ages to come round completely - we discovered this when he was moderately sedated for his first mini scan for CM/SM at noon and was still whoozy at 8pm! If this seems to be typical for Ruby, it's worth getting it noted at the vet's.

Glad Ruby is doing better (y)

Kate and the other Ruby

You have a valid point there Kate, when she had sedation for her CM/SM she too was the same, i will advise them. Karen, sadie, and the other Ruby lol.

Back