• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from SD - first time owner

Hello all!
We were lucky enough to be given a Cavalier King Charles puppy over Easter. (It's a long story but his owner surrendered him to the vet clinic where a relative works and they called us up exclaiming, "We've got the perfect puppy for your daughter!") He was born October 13th, so almost 6 months when we got him. Personally, I'm a cat person but daughter had been wanting a dog for years and Hubby wanted one, too. And I just wanted them to get one so I could cuddle my kitty in peace. ;) But then we got Lucky Marley and he is so sweet I can't help myself but fall for him! I still don't consider myself a dog person but I think I'm turning into a one-dog person. That's the power of Cavaliers! :l*v:

Anyway, I've got several questions so I think I'll head over to the "caring for your Cavalier" section. But first, some pictures so you can meet our little guy!

Welcome to you and Marley! He is adorable and looks as if he has made himself at home. Cavaliers are the best and have a sneaky way of wrapping you around their little paws......you can't help but fall in love with them.

Everyone here is very friendly and helpful so come back often and ask any questions

I see you're in San Diego .....me too! ( or is it South Dakota?)

South Dakota but I bet I'd like San Diego. I'm a Florida-girl originally and even after 10 years, I'm not a fan of the cold. ;)
And he certainly has made himself at home - he even jumped onto the dining-room table yesterday. I was like, "what in the world do you think you are doing?!" lol

Lucky indeed to get a CKC! I have a tri-color as well, and yes, they wrap themselves around your heart. What a wonderful experience for your daughter. Love the cat/dog photo too. Cavs seem to get along with everyone!

Joan

Back