• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello, Part 2

ladyofmyown

Hi, Amy again! LOL! I forgot to include a photo of our Dudley on my intro post. Dudley does have the blaze, hard to see in this photo though. He has an almost entirely white body, except for one black marking above his hind leg. The only other black is on his tail and face. Here is our baby!
attachment.php

Hi Amy

Sorry that nobody seems to have picked up on your post - we've been busy with auctions and petitions and other things! Anyway, welcome to Cavalier Talk and the world of Cavalier ownership. As you are already discovering, they are very special dogs, and it's great that you have adopted Dudley, who looks a sweetie in his photo.

I have two Cavaliers, Oliver who is a 13-year-old ruby I have had for 12 years, and Aled who is a 7-year-old Blenheim rescue who has been with us 5 years. Sadly, they both have several of the ills that are hereditary in Cavaliers: Oliver has syringomyelia which is causing severe weakness in his hind legs, he also has dry eye and is very deaf; Aled also has mild syringomyelia but is in heart failure, which means both his valves have stopped working; he manages gentle walks and enjoys life but is fragile. I do hope you have insured Dudley, because Cavaliers can get quite a few health problems. But as you have already discovered, they are worth it!

Look forward to hearing more from you and Dudley,

icon_welcome

Kate, Oliver and Aled

He's adorable and almost the opposite of my tri-color who is almost all black except for 2 partially white front legs (his back legs are black), a white belly, the tiniest sliver of a white blaze, white around his mouth, and white at the very tip of his tail. Oz does have some brown too around his eyes, muzzle and paws. And my Oz is tiny - weighing in at ~12.5 pounds (5.6 kg).

I hope you have a lot of fun with Dudley and make lots of nice connections with other cavalier lovers here. You can ask anything here and someone will have experienced it or will probably know someone who has experienced it or will empathize with you if they can't give you practical or scientific advice. We would love to share in the positives as well as the hardships (if there are any!) of your life with Dudley. Welcome!!

Back