• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help needed to find a healthy Cav, please.

Wooie

Hi, I'm new to the forum and would be really grateful for some advice. After many long months of reading and planning, Chris and I feel that we're ready to start looking for a cavalier, but have no idea where to start with regards to finding a healthy dog.

We have read up about the health issues and I have to admit that I feel a bit out of my depth with regards to finding reputable breeders. We live in North Wales, and would really appreciate it if anyone could point us in the direction of good breeders. I've never had a pure breed dog before, but we've got three cats now, so want to make the best decision for our furry family.

Thank you in advance,

Rachel :)

Firstly icon_welcome to the board! There's a post in the library all about how to identify a good breeder which includes all the questions you should be asking to ensure that the pup you choose has the best possible chance at a long and healthy life, although this of course can never be guaranteed. If you would like specific recommendations as to good breeders who abide by all the health protocols and screen for both MVD and SM in your area, you can ask people to PM you with information.

Best of luck with your search! Cavaliers are wonderful companions with whom to share your life.

Thank you both for your replies. :) I should have mentioned in my original post that I have read all of the brill informtaion supplied about finding a healthy dog - it really clarified things a lot for me, but I don't feel confident that I'd be able to find a good breeder, not having had a great deal of experience myself, and I was hoping if anyone could actually recommend breeders who they know themselves or have had their dogs from in the past. I wonder if people would pm me? I'd be hugely grateful. I'm not sure if I've set my email address up, so will check now.

Thanks very much, and I've loved reading about all of the wonderful dogs on the forum.

I've just asked Chris and he says that you can PM me through the website?? I'm sorry: I'm new to forums etc - more of a pen and paper girl really! :p

Back