• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hot pavement?

Holly

It gets really, really hot here in Georgia in the summer and I often wonder if the pavement/blacktop can get too hot for the pads of their feet when taking a walk? How sensitive are they?

You do have to be careful of hot pavement. It doesn't get horribly hot here but I walk the pups early morning or late evening to avoid it.

today was really hot in the city so i understand your concern. i too try to walk her in the cooler hours of the day...

but i have heard of people using dog booties to protect pups' paws... here's a product i've seen around in the stores... i'm thinking about getting them or something similar.

http://www.pawzdogboots.com/

Those booties are so funny....:)

I wonder how they know that "Dogs love them!!"? I may have to get Oliver some but my boyfriend is going to think I'm crazy!! :)

If you can walk barefoot the your dogs should be fine (actually they have tougher pads than most of us would have bare feet!). If it is really hot, maybe drive to a park where walking them on grass is another option? :)
I wonder how they know that "Dogs love them!!"?
:lol:

Back