• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How do transport your cav in the car?

I looked into buying a car seat for Ellie, but all the ones I found would only fit onto the the front passenger seat .:(.....and the one on the link looks the same. So how do you fasten it in the back please??

I looked into buying a car seat for Ellie, but all the ones I found would only fit onto the the front passenger seat .:(.....and the one on the link looks the same. So how do you fasten it in the back please??
There's a secure strap that hooks over/around the headrest of the back seat, and another strap that goes around the back of the whole seat (look closely at the picture in the link).

Our back seat can fold down, so therefore the back seats are not all attached to one another like a long bench. If it were like a long bench, I guess you could just use the strap that goes over the headrest, which still makes it pretty secure, in my opinion.

I'm embarrassed to say that my 14-year-old daughter figured out how it works.... it was a little confusing for me, for some reason!:eek:

I've just had a very intresting conversation with a local fire officer. My guides have been to the firestation for 6 weeks now as the officers are testing them on their fire safety badge. I asked one his view on the best transport method for transporting dogs. He said that a cage made especially for the type of car you have it the most safest. He also said that many harness are not suitable for different types of dog and are often created to a 'blue print' of a typical dog. He said while they do protect them they would not completely be safe in a serious crash and would only protect if they were fitted correctly(??)
He also said that they work to three rules, presevation of human life, presevation of animals and preservation of property.
I found this rather intresting getting the point of view from his perspective as a rescue person and I am now hunting for a cage for Tobes. The gentleman in question has 5 dogs and in his van each on has their own bolted down cage to go in.
Just thought you might be intrested in this.

Back