• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

neighbours

lady and amber

:swear:my neighbours have made me mad as hell today, I was out in the garden with lady and amber as they are not allowed out on walks at the moment as their both in season, a cat was sitting on the fence the next thing i know there is aloud bang as a stone hits the fence and the cat jumps down in to my garden and the girls chase it barking, then he had the cheek to shout at the girls to shut up. I wont be telling the girls to be quiet late at night from now on.;)

What a jerk. We have teenagers that live on the other side of our wooden fence and I discovered that they are throwing charcoal over the fence at my dogs :mad: :mad: :mad: They also throw their cigarette butts over the fence to hide them from their parents. I am going to collect a week's worth and put it in a nice envelope with a letter to their parents.

What a jerk. We have teenagers that live on the other side of our wooden fence and I discovered that they are throwing charcoal over the fence at my dogs :mad: :mad: :mad: They also throw their cigarette butts over the fence to hide them from their parents. I am going to collect a week's worth and put it in a nice envelope with a letter to their parents.
Scary you and I dont just have hawks chasing us... we think very much alike!

we think very much alike!

:lol: What is sad is that I used to be one of those teenagers sneaking cigs behind the house (I would NEVER have thrown them in the neighbors yard though) My neighbor turned me in anyhow well so I guess it's just a right of passage ;)

I would dob your neighbour in for animal cruelty, I'm sure its not lawful to throw a stone at a cat in any circumstance ? Such a shame for you though living next to such an idiot.

i would buy them an ashtray and give it to them when their parents are home ................and say i bought a little gift for you as it seems you don't have one of these :)

if my neighbour ever shouted at my dogs to be quite i would not be able to hold my tongue, as we had a dog a few yrs ago holly was her name and she was mad and barked some of the times and my neighbour passed comment on it one day and i just said that she is not the only one barking at night and to get his fact's right as the night in question she was poorly and had to stay in the vets, he never opened his mouth again! :) :)

Not a cat person but i would never throw a stone at them nor would i let anyone else do it!

one side to me can be funny the odd grumble when the dogs bark but i just ingnore them .........its funny how you always get the chance to say things when its most suited

for 3 weeks they have been banging and knocking to install a new bathroom Cara was barking and i heard the man say "whats all the noise then puppy " i replied she is talking to you ?? he said whats she saying ..I said SHE IS ASKING HOW LONG DOSE IT TAKE TO FIT A NEW BATH ...........lol he didn;t answer that LOL

I don't actually know him he lives in the house that backs on to my garden, luckily for him it wasn't my cat or I would have been straight round and had words with him. luckily the cat was faster than Amber, not that she would have hurt it she`s used to my own cat, but other cats seem to be seen off her territory pretty sharp

Ignorant neighbors, I would of given him a telling off.

I would of had a hardtime holding my tongue, some folk think that they can't do any wrong in this world.

His day will come and you can just be waiting for him.:D :D :D

Neighbors v. Neighbours

Horrid neighbors :mad: (is that the American way to spell neighbours?)

That is the Americanized spelling (y) although generally our dictionaries list it both ways with "neighbor" as the first or preferred spelling and "neighbours" as an acceptable alternative. Not sure how the difference came about but there you have it.

I attended the University of Nottingham as my junior year of American college and found the differences in spelling to be interesting but the differences in common, everyday popular speech to be wonderful. One of my favorites was the difference in the meaning of "biscuit" in Great Britian and the United States. "Biscuit" here generally refers to a small round "quick" bread that has been made from rolled out or dropped dough, sort of hard to describe but closer to a scone than to what is generally meant by "biscuit" in Great Britain, namely, what we Americans call "cookies." Interestingly, we do refer to dog "cookies" as "biscuits"! Go figure!! :sl*p:

Back