• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pulling things over head with SM?

ann

Ellie has always hated me pulling things over and off her head, last year I bought her a lovely knitted coat but she HATES it. She was diagnosed with SM in April and I realise she has most likely had SM for for years.....
Does anyone else's dog with SM hate things being pulled over their heads?

Mine haven't particularly minded, but then neither of them had neck pain. But if a dog has neck pain, which is very common with SM Cavaliers, anything over their heads (harnesses for instance) will hurt. You might find a very light fabric coat with a front fastening would be OK for Ellie (mine wear a light quilted nylon coat when camping, known as their camping pyjamas!), and a step-in harness. What size is Ellie? I still have Oliver and Aled's jackets, they are very light, so I could pop one in the post for you to try with Ellie. Ruby has inherited Oliver's things, as she's big for a bitch, but she won't need a jacket until the weather gets chilly.

Kate

Kate that is very kind of you.....Ellie is 8.9 kilos......If that is ok, I will pm you.....and please let me pay you.....
We do use a step in harness for Ellie....

Last edited:
Back