• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

ruby stitches out yesterday....

ruby2

Just to update everyone after all the good wishes for ruby and all the great advise before and after the operation for the spay. And to re assure anyone getting it done. It all went very very well. The onesie was a great idea for anyone getting it done. I eventually only left it on for approx the first four days. She wasnt at the stitches at all.

I brought her back yesterday to get the stitches out. Pinched a little bit but the vet said she looked great. Thank god.

Of course when i was in there yesterday a man 'if you could call him that' that i know came in and said oh lovely dog what is she in for,,,,and i said she got the spay done last week......the look of horror on his face!!:eek:
How could you do that to the poor dog he said.... i have my ALSATION 14 years and never got THAT done to her...You SHOULD have at least left her have one litter first......I politely answered him and told him
NO1 It prevents alot of cancer actually davey.
No2 I have no intenion of putting the dog through having puppies that i know nothing about. I could have lost her or the puppies.
No3 I have no intention of not being able to walk her etc when she is in heat and have big dogs coming after her etc, and trying to get into her.( into the back garden)

He was sorry he had said anything. He backed off right fast
The vet said to me when he was gone. Now you know what we are up against!!!! You put him in his place she said!!!!!!!! I had my research done before the spay she said (y) I thought yes i did...thanks to all of you on this site!!!!! thank you so much!!

Last edited:
I am so happy all went well with Ruby's spay. We are up for that about the 2nd week of July. Glad you gave the gentleman some good information as to why it is a good thing for those of us who are pet moms to have this done. Good job! cl*p

Glad everything went well, and so glad you told that man off! Just think about how many LESS animals would end up in the shelters if only everyone had their pet dogs spayed or neutered?

Back