• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Serious problems loading profile pic

chloe92us

I admit I am not very technical, but this is ridiculous! I even loaded photos to flickr but can't get them to load properly by pasting the URL. HELP!

for cb2u~

The problem I was having is I was posting the wrong link from flickr, plus the photos were too big. You have to do the "thumbnail" size and then paste the link. Also, the picture that shows up next to your name is actually the "avatar" photos, not profile pic.

Let me know if you still can't get it to work.

Actually it was the Profile Pic I wanted to upload, but even as a thumbnail, it's too big....

I'd love to have a profile picture, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it. :( Any suggestions?

go to flickr.com and register to open an account.
Upload whatever photos you want there.
Once they are loaded, click on an individual photo and across the top there is a menu bar.
Click on "show all sizes".
Click on "thumbnail" (or whatever size you want)
It will then flip you to the next screen where the actual sized photo will show.
There are two text boxes below, you want to cut & paste the link that says something like "use this to paste directly to other websites"
Then go to the "user CP" on Cavalier Talk and paste that link either on profile or avatar and save changes.

See if that works. I was copying the wrong photo link the first times I tried.

For your profile or avatar picture you don't need to use a photo site you can up load straight from your computer, just make sure its 150 by 150 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

OMG, it worked! Thanks, Chloe92us!

Davy, all the images on my computer were bigger than that & I didn't know how to make them smaller).

Back