• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shampoo & Such

Cicero's Mummy

Questions?!?

1. Does anyone use John Paul Pet Shampoo and Conditioners? (it is the pet version of Paul Mitchell products, I use the human version)

2. Do you need to use puppy shampoo first? (i have always thought this was kind of a gimmik--same ingredients) If so, what age do you move to regular shampoo?

3. Do you use conditioner?

4. I have a family member with allergies who comes to visit... do you recommend AllerpetD? Does it work?

I adore the John Paul products. I discovered them last year that the international beauty convention in Orlando (the MOST fun EVER!!) It is supposed to be only for liscenced beauticians but... icon_whistling whatever.

I bought the tea tree shampoo and the moisturizing shampoo. I use the tea tree one for Stewie because he gets hot spots and the moisturizing one smells sooooo good for my cavies. I also have the instant detangling spray that smells like Jasmine and the Almond oil leave in Conditioner.

I love the detangler the most because the smell is so sweet and soft. I will spray it on my boys whenever company comes over just to freshen them up. It makes their hair really silky and gets out any tangles.

I just recently bought the tooth wipes and those are great!! What a difference with their stinky breath!! They are so easy that it makes brushing their teeth a breeze, so I am more likely to do it more often... :?

To answer you questions now that I have done an info-mercial, I never really bothered with the puppy shampoo except for around their faces. It is supposed to be more diluted and not hurt their eyes.

As I said above I used the leave in conditioner because it is lighter and doesn't make their coat oily.

Thanks... I just love the JPM Products for humans (helps manage my dry and frizzie hair), so I figured I would try The pet line for our little one. I know a few websites sell it... off to do more shopping... poor pocketbook!

I've not tried the JPM products. I use petsilk, only because I've always used it! I use the white for Shelby and black for Jake and the conditioning rinse. I do have puppy shampoo that I use on their faces...no tears kind.

Should I worry about a whiting shampoo for our tri? I want to keep his/her coat brilliantly white, but I dont want to end up bleaching out the rest of it or anything... (can you tell it is the first time with a white-ish dog)

You really don't need to worry about a whitening shampoo when they are very young. In fact, I would stick with a puppy or gentle shampoo for the first year or so. Shelby has lots of white on her and Jake has lots of black. That's why I use a color specific shampoo on each. The whitening really makes a difference on Shelby's coat.

The Petsilk Bright white is also great to use on Tri's and wont make their black dull at all ! its a color enhancer ......so there is no bleaching stuff in it at all. I have a Tri Chi that I use it on bc thats what I use on everybody and they are just brilliant all over ! I LOVE Petsilk !!!!

Back