• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

She called my baby a mutt

A cat??!! A goat??!! Well, I've never.....but you gotta admit...that's funny!!

Anyone who would advise using a choke chain obviously doesn't "get" it, but you do and that's what matters.

I have so many people ask what kind of dogs I have. When I say they are Cavaliers I often hear "oh, I thought so...but isn't he big for a Cavalier??!!" Yep....he's large and proud of it!! ;)

Gus has been called a King William... a Prince Charles......But worst of all ..He always gets mistaken for.......A Girl! some people have thought he was Pippin's mother...Oh the shame of it all...Poor Gus!

By the way I hate choke chains,my local petshop refuses to stock them.

Last edited:
OMG!!! A choke chain, that brings back memories of Barbara Woodhouse (she had a dog training programme on TV when I was a kid) who's method was to put a choker on every dog give it a good hard yank and at the same time literally yell "Siiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt!!" at the poor dog, no wonder they all behaved they must thought they were about to be strangled or de-cappitated! :rolleyes: :swear:

Ironically her nephew approached me for a puppy many years back and was very keen to point out he did NOT use his late Aunt's training methods,luckily I had no puppies available at that time!! :p

As for her "Mutt" comment, well, it takes one to know one eh?? ;) :badgrin: icon_whistling icon_devil

Mutt!!!!!!

How rude. Mind saying that, I was out walking my 2 Cavaliers and someone asked me where I had bought my 2 Yorkshire Terriers....:confused:. Some people are so ignorant!!

How rude! Well, the other day at Pets Smart....well, Cassidy was there for puppy class and everyone who walked by the area was looking and pointing at her. One lady asked me what kind of dog she was and I told her. A few minutes later she came back with a pen and paper and asked my daughter to write it down for her! On the way out, a woman stopped me and asked to pet Cassidy and said she's always wanted a Cavalier and now after seeing Cassidy she decided she was getting one for sure! Its so awesome to get that kind of reaction from people so know that they are out there. Its the ignorant, snotty people who act so rudely...half the time they will just look at her and not even ask what kind of dog she is...better for me so I don't have to speak to them!

Back