• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sophie is in hospital again

Glad to hear Sophie is feeling a bit better. Hopefully in a short time she will be 100% again. Get well soon Sophie! :flwr:

Julie, you're taking such good care of your little sophie. :) She's soo lucky to have a mommy like you! :flwr:

I am sorry she got a bit back down. :( Maybe she caught something (or ate something) and she's just having a bit of a hard time getting over it.

Hopefully the electrolytes do their job and she's back on the mend in no time! :)

Julie

I am so sad to hear that Sophie took a step back, keeping good thoughts that she will now only go forward.

I know how you feel, I recall not long ago when Dudley was not well I was falling apart. I now that Sophie is very close to you too.

It really is upsetting for us when the don't feel good. :( :( :(

Sophie, Dudley & Darby are sending you lots of kisses & hugs to make you feel better.

Keep us posted Julie.

Forest said:
:( :( :( Poor Sophie still not 100%. They say she just has a sensitive tummy. She is not eating very well or drinking much and constantly wants to go and eat grass. I rang the vet this morning and they said that it might be the effects of the antibiotics but she wasn't improving and wouldn't eat dinner or even eat the Nutripet, which seems to be quite tasty by the smell of it ( I haven't tried it :D ) so I rang the vet again and they said to come in and get some electrolyte mixture to make sure she was drinking. Fortunately, she now seems a little better and actually had some of the i/d when I hand fed her. Oh dear it can be such a worry. We just love our babies don't we :)
Julie and the girls

Julie, to get her to drink a little more, I buy strained beef, lamb, or chicken baby food and mix it into a little lukewarm water to make a broth. Then just offer small amounts throughout the day. It really helps keep them hydrated and brings their appetites back.

Also, ask the vet about Benebac. It's a measured paste of beneficial bacterial for their digestive systems when they've been on antibiotics.

Hope she gets better soon! Hugs to you and your girls! :flwr:

Thanks Cathy for the tip I'll keep those in mind. I asked the vet if they had something like stemetil (?) for dogs but she said no :( .
Fortunately tonight she is back to her old self, which is sooo good to see. :D It is amazing how quickly they go from being either sick or well isn't it!
Thanks everyone for your concern for my poor baby girl :)
Julie and the girls

Back