• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sorry I've been gone!!!

CavyMom

I've really missed this board! I've been having problems with my computer and internet, and was unable to get on. Amber is doing great - She's having her hernia repaired tomorrow and getting a dental done, I'm a bit worried where she's never been under anesthetic before, but I'm sure things will be fine!!!

I do have a question, though, I just got a rescue dog back (not an cavalier) that hasn't been cared for properly - Her whole belly, thighs, and legs are stained yellow from laying in her own urine! I've bathed her so she doesn't stink anymore, but she's still yellow, is there anything I can do to help with the urine staining?

I don't have experience with that type of staining specifically, but I'd try Cris Christenson's White on White. It's one of the "bluing" type shampoos. I would think that would help a little bit.

I can't imagine how awful that was for her lying in her own urine! Thank goodness she's back with you!

I just googled it and apparently at pharmacists they sell special products to remove urine stains.. But perhaps call your vet ask him if he/she knows something that you can use?

Anyway good for the dog it ended up with you (for now?)
Enjoy the time you got and I'm sure he's a lot happier already :)

I'll try the white on white - I actually think I might even have some around somewhere, or a similar product anyway. I actually took Delilah into my vet today just to make sure everything was OK with her still, and all he said was he'd never seen urine stains that severe - He was just amazed she didn't have oozing sores to match! Poor little girl has been through alot, and she's only 7 months :( But despite her ordeal - She's still very loving and well behaved, and the even bigger surprise is she hasn't had a single accident since I picked her up yesterday! I'm going to give her some time to settle back in and for me to re-evaluate her temperment and personality, I'm sure when I feel she's ready to put back up for adoption she'll go quick!!!

I haven't got any suggestions but just want to say that my heart breaks for that little dog. I'm so glad she is back with you getting the love and care she deserves.

Thanks, Delilah is doing very well and is responding WONDERFULLY to a little TLC. I tried the White on White, didn't really help, but I was just at a dog show this weekend and picked up a bottle of an enzyme whitener shampoo (I can't remember the brand, but I can find out if anyone wants to know), and it's done miracles for her! She's still a little yellow, but not nearly as bad as she was!!! I'm just about ready to put her up for adoption, I can't believe how fast she's come around, someone is going to get a WONDERFUL dog! I can't believe I only have her and Tina (another IG) in my rescue now, it's been a long time coming to have all my rescues placed in good homes!!! But there's always room for the next little one that needs me help!!!

Back