• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Starting a petition for non club members..

Hi Ciren

Personally I think somebody like you who adopts a rescue is of a far higher value to our Cavaliers than somebody like me who takes the easy option.:)

Hi Ciren

Personally I think somebody like you who adopts a rescue is of a far higher value to our Cavaliers than somebody like me who takes the easy option.:)

okay not many people manage to make me blush......

Ciren.

The purchase price is only to reflect the 'buying power' pet owners have. I really admire 'Rescuers' as they provide love, compassion and companionship where its NEEDED! We tried rescue several times,but we are a close knit family with 4 generation intermingling, and various dogs & cats between us, so we kept getting turned down as a 'too busy environment '.:( Which from the 'new dogs' perspective is understandable.

I will be very happy to get this delivered on to the organiser of the original petition, or to the Cavalier Club Chairman, whatever you decide is best.

What I do not want to do is be part of the organisation of this non-club petition, as I think the strength of it will be that it is a spontaneous gesture from concerned cavalier pet owners.

I'm cheering you on from the sidelines & I hope you get lots of signatures.

Margaret C

Brian i think thats wonderful & so kind of your friend.it will look much more professional that way too! one (hopefully!) huge petition will be much better than lots of individual ones with only a couple of sigs on.wording wise i spent a long time altering about 3 words of M.C's original petition:lol: & think it best to stick as close to that as poss.Maybe columns across the top
Name.....Date...information....Date of purchase.....Signature...

in the information box people can put dogs name/s,age,proudly put theirs is a rescue,& Sm details. all of this if they so choose to put in this information. it would need to be the widest column across. so mines going to read

G.S, N.Yorkshire....9/4/09.....Ruby girl,5 years old,£400,awaiting MRI scan due to suspected SM,.....Feb 08.....G.S

what do you think to that as a lay out?or would it be better to have a column for purchase price after information box erm ..yes it'll stand out better! So 6 boxes across if poss. if anyone has a better idea plse jump in.
i would say for no one to put their actual address only b.cos we wouldnt want to advertise to any dog nappers.An end date is a must but when is their next meeting? anybody know?
Margeret C thank you for your support in this & i fully appreciate you cant be seen to actually have set it up. It does need to be just "Joe Public", im thinking of trying to contact Dogs Today mag as they, as you know push for changes to breed standards etc whereas some of the mags ive read think its all tosh!
If anyone can help get the word out plse can you? ive found local radio stations & local papers to be helpful in the past with something similar,its usually a case of finding the right person to speak to! Or maybe someone might be braver than me & try ringing the BBC ?? phew ive got wrist ache with this essay lol Gx
P.s Ciren the *proudly put theirs is a rescue* was to you! definatly& its good to show all Cavalier owners have a valid interest, my rubes was a puppy farm girl 1st til i got her a year ago as a private sale tho.

ok i don't deal with compliments well and whilst i appreciate the thoughts lets stick to the subject :D

what was the final decision on the petition? i have lost track?

i would say for no one to put their actual address only b.cos we wouldnt want to advertise to any dog nappers.

But when you think about where these forms are going, we wouldn't be advertising to dog nappers. Would the form hold more weight if we put our addresses? Maybe it could be optional.

id written a reply& hit submit at the same moment the site went off LOL! I cant remember most of it but i think we're just waiting for Brian M's friend to do the actual form for us then we good to go.
Pauline i put the bit about dog nappers cos i is a bit paranoid about these things:) & if we do get any media interest etc you cant be too careful but i agree it would hold more weight with addresses so optional is best Gx

Hi tupup

If somebody can give the form of what you want and the wording of what you want to say which I think needs to be arrived at by a general census of opinion ,tupup why dont you just draft someting and put it up on the forum for consultation and poss addition /subtraction and amendment by all until we are happy with the lay out then I can pick it up from there.:confused:

Thanks Brian, this is only my idea of how it wants to look so as you say then everyone else can change & tweak it till we're all happy, so here goes on edition#1!
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
PETITION
To support recommended SM Breeding Guidlines into CKCS Code of Ethics.

We,the undersigned, are concerned at the decision-not to formally adopt the SM breeding guidlines into the Code of Ethics- taken at the recent CKCS Club AGM 2009, and therefore support the request that the Committee re present this proposal at the next opportunity.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
|NAME |DATE | INFORMATION |PURCHASE PRICE|DATE OF PURCHASE|KC REG/NAME |SIGNATURE
|________|_____|______________________|______________|_________________|____________|__________|
|________|_____|______________________|______________|_________________|____________|__________|

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Ive tried to take into account there other peoples posts about space for information on SM details & also where there were concerns about date/age of dog reflecting price of purchase in an older one.please bear in mind all info is optional! Also i wanted to make those 6 name,date etc in a straight line across&in neat boxes, with information the widest box then the other boxes roughly the same width as each other,but failed to get them like that:fool:that i am!!
What do you all think-not about me being a fool!!??
p.s. we need to fix an end date too

Last edited:
Hi tupup

If everybody is happy say by tomorrow night with your wording and format I can mail it to Steve who I spoke to today and he will set it up host it on his servers and provide CT with a link for members to go online to sign and if we can have a closure date he will then return the folder to me as say a pdf file and I can get it printed and say forward onto MC on behalf of all us none CKCS Club members.

Comments pls .
Tks

Brian

Hi Brian, thank you so much & to steve for his wonderful help. yes i agree if everyone is happy with the lay out by tomorrow night its good to go! im about to pm M.C about when the end date needs to be. How do you & everyone else here feel about possibly contacting local papers/dogs today etc my thinking is we would get more people signing but would you all prefer to keep it to just us on CT? please jump in everyone with your thoughts Gxx

hi Brian, ive just added a box for KC reg/name but its thrown the headings out of line, ive re lined them up 3times & they wont stick!! you can see where the 7 headings need to be above 7 empty boxes tho-sorry i couldnt get it any better im gutted
the end date for this needs to be the weekend of the 16th may, that gives then 1 week to print out & deliver prior to ckcs meeting on the 24th may.
please let me know of any costs ie printing, postage as im happy to help there x
p.s Brian wheres everyone else gone, i hope ive not offended anyone??

Last edited:
Hi tupup,

Everyone is still here and waiting for the finished product so we can sign,sign,sign!:biggrin:

Back