• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

WARNING: pet meds spam messages

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
In the past two days I have been getting a series of spam messages advertising pet medications like Heartguard and Frontline. These emails have colour images and appear to be a legit shopping site but most have a chunk of nonsense text at the bottom designed to fool spam filters, indicating these ARE from spammers, not shops you can trust.

I know we are all too smart to order from these kinds of emails but it is worth posting a reminder warning anyway (y), not least as someone might mistake such emails as coming from the legit stores they DO order from, and accidentally order from these people.

Remember that if these people cannot be bothered to establish a legitimate shop with traceable sources of products the likelihood is very high that these are pirate medications (with fake packaging that can look *exactly* like the real thing to most people). Many of these 'products' would have totally unknown ingredients in them and importantly also do not have the ingredients needed for our pets! This would be especially worrying in the case of something like Heartguard for dogs in heartworm areas.

This is the first time I have been spammed for pet meds and is very worrying.

Always stick with the legit companies and don't be duped by extra low cost meds! The rule of thumb online: anything that sounds too good to be true, is.

Thanks for the warning!(y)

I usually order from Vetmedics who are pretty decently priced anyway but will watch the old "inbox" to be on the safe side anyway!

Back