• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Welcome back!

i didnt realise you were so well connected

Not at all :lol:, it is more that Ireland is very small -- only 4 million people and at that time, only about 3.3 million! -- and if you were a grad student in literature, you tended to have met pretty quickly all the living writers through readings, conferences, nights in a pub, and other events. None of them really had any airs about them either and all were very accessible. Seamus also lived in Dubin half of every year so you'd run into him at events all the time (hard to miss him!). There also weren't many Americans here then so would probably have been more easily remembered. I was working at San Jose State University in the early 90s when Seamus came over to do a reading and fundraiser for the university, and I was the only person he knew even slightly, and the only "Irish" person there (having lived in Ireland for many years previously at that point), and we had a few acquaintances in common. Plus he's a bit of an impish man and always up for the unexpected. It was very strange though to be driving your dissertation subject around and eating dinner with said subject! Lots of fun though. He kept introducing me with the comment, "I'm her subject". :lol:

Hi Karlin

And thank you for all your work and have a very deserved lovely and memorable evening with your subject.

Thanks and Best Wishes

Brian .Dawn and Luke
Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Ami:)

It's good to be back, didn't realise how much time I spent here till it was gone! Thanks for your efforts Karlin :)

I am very pleased with the hosting -- both quality of service generally and tech support -- from Blacknight, www.blacknight.com in Ireland. I am happy to be supporting an Irish service as well.

I still don't have email up and running and today is my main work deadline day so that won't happen til this evening or tomorrow. I also am told some people cannot get the site and are just getting the 'domain suspended' message from my old hosting service. That is due to a delay in the name server change filtering through across some areas of the net but should work its way out within 48 hours. However if someone is getting such a message they should try reloading their browser (eg refresh the page) because if that page was cached by the browser, it will display that page even though the site is now accessible. You can stop the browser from doing that simply by refreshing the page.

It really annoys me however that a week ago, I asked the former hosting company to explain whether my access would be cut off from the old section of the hosting site as they only gave me bout a week to move to a new section of the hosting site, because I needed a timetable to work from. I considered sticking with them and simply moving the sites across as this would have been easier, but due to the extremely poor support service they give by email -- no replies whatsoever including to some queries from weeks ago (phone service is better) -- I decided I would not even bother and instead moved all the sites to Blacknight. You'd think a hosting service would be more focused on customer service, especially in a downturn! :rolleyes::bang:

Oh yes and the Heaney reception was lovely!! A room packed with writers as well. :)

Nice to have it back and I sure appreciate all your work. You are helping alot of people and I know you know what I mean by that. Like I said CT holds a special place in my heart and it always will. ;)

Back