• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What does everyone think about Petstages toys?

I have a few Pet Stage Toys, Dudley is not fond of Toys but Darby loves them his favourite is the Toss & Shake, I also have the Orka Chew I had another but just recently threw it out.

I would like to get the Teething stick and a few others for Darby for Xmas. :jmp:

They are great. :wggle:

Those puppies make me melt, they are adorable. :l*v: :hug:

We have 3 Snuggle Puppies and although Dudley doesn't like toys that was one of his favourites and another dog I call a Crinkle dog.

You will have lots of fun shopping for your new arrival.

Congratulations. :D :D :D :D :mexwav:

lady loves her cuddle pal, her teething stick and another toy which is like a small dumbel with a sqeaker one end and a bell the otherend. She also likes her puppy kong filled with treats and she also plays with it naked.

lady loves her cuddle pal, her teething stick and another toy which is like a small dumbel with a sqeaker one end and a bell the otherend. She also likes her puppy kong filled with treats and she also plays with it naked.

petstages toys are great as long as you don't have a fierce chewer. I got one with some ribbons inside of a blue tube thing and it didn't last more than 24 hours. Kosmo ate through the ribbon thingies and started swallowing them.. :sl*p: We still play fetch with the blue tube thing though. :)

Most dogs never focus on the outside of a kong -- they are interested in what you have put on the inside! (y) That is why they are such useful and stimulating toys for dogs as they have the challenge of getting the stuff inside, out.

I love Petstages toys. I have a couple -- the puppy ring, and a blue throw thing, but the alltime favourite toy in the house is the blue jack toy on a rope for throwing. Jaspar is nuts about it and it ONLY comes out for special throwing sessions. It 's always good to only give dogs a couple of toys as they lose interest in most of them otherwise. Rotate their toys around and keep a few that are ONLY for interactions with you. Thus the latter become special bonding toys and good rewards toys.

For some wonderful, tough toys (and you can designate some of your purchase to help Lucky Star too!) see http://helpingudders.com/

Any of their udder toys are great -- also the original Wubba is really, really tough and jaspar LOVES it (he is my toy tester).

Also check out Katie's bumpers, made from fire hoses -- indestructable by most dogs!

Also lots of toys generally -- those are just the tough ones. I got my very cute cavalier collars from them too. :)

I looked it up - it was the mini orka. I got it for him a few months ago when he was still a small little tike.

Poor Kosmo probably thinks his mom is nuts - I let him chew on it until he swallowed one of the ribbons and took them out and threw them away. That was all he was interested in.

Oh those puppies are so cute!! Both of mine like the petstages toys. Jake is not huge on toys but whenever I bring home a new petstages it instantly becomes "his" toy. Neither of mine has shown much interest in kongs. I've filled them with pb and they enjoy them then. We had a snuggle puppy but not when they were babies. Neither of mine cared for it as adults but I've seen so many pictures of puppies cuddling with theirs.

Oh they are beautiful puppies and the mum and dad are pretty good looking too! Thanks for the tip on Big W. Hopefully the one near me will stock them and I can have more choice for their Chrissie presents :D

Julie and the girls :D

So much depends on the personality of your puppy. I think Holly would have adored a snuggle pup and would have loved hugging it- but I didn't know about them then. Amber on the other hand... look at it this way, I didn't leave the heart in for long, fearing it would get chewed to pieces. Between them they gave that snuggle pup so much abuse it started leaking foam balls. I've put it away until such a time that I can get it fixed...

Oh, the udder tugs and "doughnut holes" ! On Karlin's recommendation I got them for Pixie and she loves them! The tug is great...the first toy we've had that she'll play tug with me. It's sturdy but lightweight and she just trots around with it. Silly girl, she keeps dropping it in front of Sophie the cat, who gives her that "are you kidding me" look. icon_whistling

For US fans of Pet Stages toys - Target has started carrying their special label version of some of the toys. As an example, I bought the Orka Gripper chew toy as a gift for my friend who is getting a chocolate lab ... I got it for about $10 at Petsmart ... it was 7.99 at Target. Only difference was that the rubbery part was pink instead of blue. It was clearly manufactured by PetStages, and even used the "Orka" trademark which was credited to PetStages.

They definitely do not carry the full line, but if you happen to be in a Target store you might want to check them out.

Aww lucky about Target! Australian target doesn't have a pet range. But I did buy a puppy kong in Big W for $9 Australian (y)

comfort and toys

When we brought Barkleigh home, I took several soft rags and put them in the pen with his siblings and also rubbed his mum down with two of them. I put them in his crate and carrying case etc.

I also took something I had for headache--you warm in microwave--and wrapped it with the mama towel. I warmed it at bedtime and he snuggled right down with it. I also cuddle him with a soft doggie toy.

Now, at 4.5 months, he cuddles in bed with us for about 15 minutes while we watch TV, then we say: "Night, night," and he jumps down and gets in his crate with the doggie and sleeps 8 hours or so. Or course, as a baby, he got up once a night and a bit earlier in the morning. Since I like to sleep late, I would take him out in the morning for 5 minutes, then put him in his kitchen crate with snacks, and go back to sleep for an hour or more and he was very content!

We had several Pet Stages toys and what I liked was that they are a great size for their little mouths. He still likes the ring with the crunchy edges, the "atom" ball, and a couple of others, but he is outgrowing them. Barkleigh is not too keen on Kongs, although I save them for times I have to keep him quiet.

Back