• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wyatt...not good news

The news sounds positive about little Wyatt. I hope everything keeps going in a positive direction. Give Wyatt a little hug from Scout.

Loads of get well soon vibes coming his way from us, I'm so pleased he's a bit better hope you'll soon have him home

update on Wyatt and another one sick

Hi....

Wyatt is home and seems to be feeling pretty good. We have a ton of meds to give him and his two front legs are shaved mid-leg down to just above his feet. Looks like he got a poodle cut on his two front legs. He's already peed twice in the house so we may have to start from the beginning on house-training. He did seem happy to see us which was great.

The bad news is that Sasha (our 1 1/2 year old ruby) is now sick. Looks like the same thing which is very curious since HGE is not contagious. He started to be sick late this morning and I got him in to the vet this afternoon where he had subcutaneous fluids and something to help his stomach (he was throwing up more than Wyatt did at the start). Diarrhea started late this afternoon and there is blood but nothing like what Wyatt had. Sigh. We'll watch him carefully over the night and may have to take him in to Angell tomorrow morning if the local vet thinks that the subcutaneous fluids are not making enough of a difference.

He hasn't thrown up anymore which is good since I guess that is a greater threat for dehydration than the diarrhea.

I'm hoping that this isn't something other than HGE and is actually contagious. Gadget is almost 10 years old and this would be really hard on him.

If this is not too coherent it's probably be cause I'm really, really tired.

Margaret

Margaret - I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through - one sick dog is bad enough!! Could they have both gotten into something they shouldn't have that they ate??

Oh geesh Margaret!! Glad that Wyatt is home and doing so much better...but, boy, you don't need another sick one on your hands. Praying Sasha is okay!

Glad that Wyatt is better and sorry to hear about Sasha. :xfngr: for her and Gadget.

So happy that Wyatt is home and recovering. Probably had to piddle in his confinement but think he will readjust quickly- a little bit confused on this, I bet. So sorry that Sasha is now ill-what ups and downs you're having. Prayers for your gang and for you to have a restful sleep.

I'm so happy to hear that Wyatt is doing better, but poor little Sasha, I'm hope everything goes well for her, I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

I'm so sorry to read that Sasha is now sick! Glad Wyatt is home though. I suppose it is too late to separate Gadget from them so he doesn't get sick too? I will keep you & your crew in my prayers. Take care! :xfngr: in hopes that there is no more illness & Sasha improves very quickly.

So glad that Wyatt is home and on the mend.

Hugs and prayers to you and Sasha. I hope she's better soon! :flwr:

Wyatt and Sasha

Hi....

Hope this will be my last post on this subject. Wyatt is doing well and I think we got Sasha's illness stopped in time. Not to give you too much information, but for Sasha it has been no food for over 18 hours, subcutaneous fluids for the vomiting, some antacids for his stomach and then very tiny meals today of some special food.

I'm not big on the commercial foods (we've been doing home-cooked for almost a year) but in this case I'm going to defer to the vet's suggestion. I've put all three of them on Science HD diet for three to five days. Meals are to be small the first few days; then recommended size and then we transition back to their regular food.

Sasha is still punky (and stinky, I might add) but no more diarrhea or vomiting. We've got our fingers crossed.

And here's the funny part about all of this. When the technician at Angell went to bring Wyatt to us we gave her his collar and leash and explained that he was very skittish, hand-shy and did not know how walk on a leash. We told her she'd probably have to carry him. He came out of the treatment area walking on a leash!!! Clearly he had been hiding his skills from us. So today we did three short walks on a leash (by short I mean just around our block). He did okay. Didn't love it but didn't hurl himself all around like he did when I tried just after we got him.

So I hope this ends my saga of HGE.

Thanks again for your support.

Margaret

Back