• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Who Can Recommend a Good Diet

islewriter

I am looking for a suitable diet for Kirra, as at the present time her walks (whilst frequent) have been reduced to my own limited mobility at this time, although this is only temporary.

Kirra eats James Wellbeloved Kibble and her treats usually consist of Tripe Sticks and the occasional pork strip.

So anyone who can recomend a good diet - this will be much appreciated - as the scales :eek:

As Kirra's on James Wellbeloved anyway, you could change to their Senior/Light, which worked well in keeping my Oliver fit. Also remember to count treats as part of the daily intake - it's amazing how little kibble keeps a Cavalier fit, most of us (encouraged by the recommended amounts on the food packaging) tend to overfeed.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

James Wellbeloved Senior/Light is what I have put my friend's dog Leyla on as she weighed 11.5kg when she came to stay a few weeks ago. I only give her a handful and some veggies mixed in. The first week she went down to 10.6kg and the next week was 10.3kg, although I am walking her more as well. Unfortunately, her owner is coming back next week so not sure she will keep loosing weight.:eek:

I also recommend JWB Senior/Light - I have one of mine on it at the moment (not a Cavalier) because he needs to get the weight down due to his hips. A few frozen veg mixed in also helps add bulk but not calories. Arden Grange also do a good light food, used it a few years ago when there was a balooning moment in one of mine after a neutering. Good stuff and they gobble it up!

Back