• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Board downtime!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
My hosting service had some problems and did some emergency maintenance on both the database servers and the servers on which the site is managed, which took sites offline. For some reason even after they brought everything back online, the board was returning an error message and has remained offline.

It turned out that for some reason, their work changed the access permissions to the site. :neutral: Their support didn't spot this but my partner and I identified the issue once we had the time to look at it (useful to have a programmer around!). A quick change to permissions and the site was back up.

Apologies for the delay but I was travelling to the US all day Monday and have had a mix of work and family events on through today and I didn't even notice the site was offline until late Tuesday California time. Because the hosting service had posted about ongoing issues to their support blog, I assumed things would be back online once they sorted this at their end -- only today did I realise the problem was persisting.

Ok looks like there are some additional issues -- the board seems to be using excessive database resources yet usage is not all that high so I have a bit of a conundrum to solve here. Will let people know what seems to be going on and how it will be addressed, as soon as I know more.

Thanks for the info, Karlin. I had trouble accessing it for a few days and wondered if a server had crashed somewhere. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and visit with family, and that you'll have a safe trip back to Ireland.

I'm just happy it's back! Geez, one never realizes how addicted you are until it is taken away! I missed my CT family!

Have talked this over with tech support. Not sure really what the overall issue was and am going to monitor for now.

Had a great Thanksgiving and will probably not need to eat a thing for at least a month now. :lol:

Just using on board wifi on my return flight, first time I have had to catch up on emails, board stuff etc.

Back