• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Whitebait

Brian M

Hello

Guidance pls ,I have been adding two small whitebait to each of the girls meals I presume that will be O K .:confused:

I think you are fine, Brian. On the raw feeding Yahoo Group I read, they talk about giving tinned sardines, herring, salmon & mackerel to dogs. Apparently the bones won't hurt them because they're small, but the fish needs to be cooked, I think, which is why they mainly talk about canned fish. Plus, it's a mostly American group and we don't have good access to these types fish, as most of as are so far from the sea.

Whitefish is okay, too, but lacks the omegas if it is to be a main.

Hi

And thanks for reply ,all I try and do is to make their meals a bit more fun thats why I only give them two each per meal .As they are all (apart from Lily )on a diet biscuits and veg must be, after a bit, very uninteresting for them so I try and think of little healthy additives to brighten up their day ,thanks for interest .

Bestest Wishes

brian:)

Hi Sabby

Psy do my girls some and I will buy them ,you should but healthy fishy biscuits on ebay I bet you wouild sell them easy .

I don't think there is any particular health benefits or disadvantages to adding whitebait to your dogs' meals Brian.

I have been giving my lot a tin of sardines between the five of them once a week or so for about 20 years now. They love the flavour of the fish, which are good for their hearts and coats, as they are high in Omega oils.

Back