• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tues 22nd-Lilys Spay and Poppys At Leahusrt

Brian M

Hi

Not looking forward to Tues because of above ,as advised I have bought a ladle so about 5.45 Am On Tues I will be following Poppy around the garden lit by security lights ladle in hand in my hopeful successful attempt to acquire a water sample off her followed quickly by a Pooh sample ,should be a good start to the day but at least I am off work on my holidays .Then breakfast for Daisy and Rosie and liquid only for Pops and Lily (if i am wrong can somebody pls tell me ),then at 8.30 take Lily up to Birch for that horrible operation ,Spaying ,she also has or had a little hernia so that will be popped back and she will be chipped as well ,so a long awful day for her and a long and not nice one for me .Then after Lily's in I will take the others for a long walk then home and wait till about 12.30 then take Poppy up to Leahurst for her first interview at The R Canin Obesity Clinic ,but since I have been feeding her R C Satiety food shes dropped from 12.80 Kg to 11.30 Kg so shes not really lots overweight but we shall go and see what they say .She will have a general anesthetic and that DEXA Scan to view her percentage body fat then after questions on her current food and exercise we will come away with her diet sheet and that for poor Pops just before Xmas as well .
Should leave Leahurst I hope around 4.00 Pm then straight up to Birch and get poor Lily who we will cuddle for the next week till shes better ,we have four baby grows to stop her pulling any stitches ,then maybe small walks in 4/5 days,but we shall see as they all recover at their own speed .
I wish it was Tues about 6.00 pm so it would all be over .

Then after Xmas I will have to box Big Ben in his pet carrier and get him back to Birch for his second lot of injections ,he was waiting for me when I called at work today to feed them all together with Little Fluff and Short Socks in attendance , three tins of food cat food plus £4.00 worth of chicken pces and a half box of biscuits thats their daily rations over the holidays till we all get back to work on the 4 th Jan .
Wish Pops and Lily Good Luck and a swift recovery on Tues Pls ,thanks all .:)cavtinycavtinycavtinycavtiny

Aaaah, best of luck to both your girls on Tuesday Brian.
We recently had our little Gracie spayed and I just dug out the babygro's that Phoebe had worn after her op. Despite the fact that I cut a hole for her tail and buttoned them underneath, she still got out of them in the night (I still don't know how she did it) and managed to remove two of her stitches. The vet insisted she should wear a plastic cone thingy, God they are horrible! I ended up ordering a Comfy Collar off their website, it came the next day and it was brilliant. We cried with laughter when we first put it on her because she couldn't see her feet and high stepped around the house for a bit!
Just thought I would mention it, in case you have the same problem with Lily and her babygro's.
Hope all goes well on Tues:)

All the best for Tuesday. Don’t worry about Lily (I know easier said then done), she will be running around in no time. I couldn’t believe how quick my two girls recovered after spaying. I had to stop them running around and jumping up on the sofa. Hopefully you will be able to find out why it is hard for Poppy to loose weight. Everything will be ok. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Sending good thoughts & well wishes to Lily & Poppy. Sounds like you need it more than they do Brian. It'll be over before you know it. (y)

Good Luck to you and the girls for tuesday!! They will be just fine. Ah the baby grows!!!
Ruby managed a plod around the garden on day 1 (after 1 sleep) and a very short walk on day 2 and she is slow at recovering so Im sure she will bounce back in no time at all!!!!

Good Luck to you and the girls for tuesday!! They will be just fine. Ah the baby grows!!!
Ruby managed a plod around the garden on day 1 (after 1 sleep) and a very short walk on day 2 and she is slow at recovering so Im sure she will bounce back in no time at all!!!!

I am quite sure that once it's all over you will be sitting there wondering why you were so worried. Honestly. I was terrified while Holly was being spayed. She has a compromised immune system and I was convinced that the operation would be too much for her. The vet took pity on me and rang within a couple of hours to say that everything was fine and I could take her home a couple of hours later.

She was running around like a young pup the very next day and never attempted to touch her stitches. It was only the day she was due to have them out that I found a tiny scab near one stitch, but she was pronounced fine and it cleared up a couple of days later. She has turned into an absolute little demon, so having the spay must have made an enormous improvement to her health.

So far as the weight loss is concerned. Well the new food seems to have done much of the work already, so I am sure you will be told to carry on the good work.

Enjoy Christmas and try to stop worrying.

Good luck with your girls for Tuesday Brian, I am sure they will be fine and back to normal soon. Would just check with your vet about the water for Lily as I think I had to withhold it from Chaos from midnight but it was a few years ago and maybe I am wrong.

Agree with Jacies about with holding water from 12PM.

Sending quick healing thoughts for both of your girls! I know that each time my dogs have gone in for any procedure that I am on pins and needles until they are safely home.

Heather R

Hi

Well its that horrid day tomorrow ,Pops is right alongside the computer as I type and Lily is next to her chewing a toy ,I do feel so guilty .:(

Good luck for tomorrow Brian, its for their best health but it is hard not to feel guilty when they look at you with those sad eyes.
Hope all goes well.
Christine,Bella and Jessie

Sending Best Wishes for both girls tomorrow. Chin up Brian, this time tomorrow it will all be over:)

Thinking of Lily, Poppy and you today Brian and hoping all goes well and they will soon be their usual self, I am sure you will be glad when today is over.

Good luck Brian,
I'll probably going through the same emotions in about ten days time.
I'm sure she'll be fine and running around in a day or two.
Ah the joys of being a responsible pet owner:rolleyes:
Sins

Thinking of you and your two flower girls.
Today will soon be over and you will be able to relax & enjoy lots of cuddles with them over Christmas.

Hi

Up at 5.30 AM following Poppy around the garden for a water sample ,circled and circled up and down with me following behind ( blxxxx cold at that time ) with ladle in hand and Pops giving me funny looks and the other three I am sure peeing themselves laughing at me .Finally she stops ,circles then rear down back legs forward and starts to wee quick as a flash out comes ladle from behind my back down it goes, grab tail lift up, pop ladle under, and she STOPS !:yikes .Thats it no more she wants back inside in the warmth ,so thats me defeated I pour the few drops out of the ladle into the sample jar and I have no more than 1.50 mm thats my lot everybody back to bed .Up again at 7.30 take little Lily to Birch at 8.15 theres a lady in before me with two long haired Dachshunds and one starts barking and poor Lily starts trembling (should I cancel ) the nurse comes out we weigh her then she gives her two injections ,the first is a sedative and the second a pain killer ,she takes Lily and disappears into the back with me to phone later .
Back home I pick up Dawn and Luke and Poppy, Daisy ,and Rosie the weather is a bit grim decide to go the park for a walk then go and feed all my cats and finally call at a garden center and get a breakfast. On the way we stop at Sainsburys and Dawn and Luke go in and I wait in the car.Then my mobile rings ,its the nurse from Leahurst she tells me she lives in Darwin N Lancs and cant get to work shes snowed in and will have to cancel ,BLXXXXX Hell :eek: not a good day, she says she can do us on Jan 5 th but I am back to work on Jan 4 Th, she will now look at the diet sheet I sent her and analyse it then ring me with guidance on what I am feeding Pops. So for now I don't know what to do about Leahurst but I shall carry on with what I am feeding her and reassess all after the holidays ,so annoying though I get all uptight over the two of them and then one gets canceled Oh Well .
Phone Birch at 11.30 and Lily has been done and is fine so will go up at 3.00 to get her so at least thats some good news .It pouring with rain so cant take the other three out yet will defer to possibly tonight .

Sorry that your day has not quite gone to plan Brian, but at least you know Lily is fine and she will soon be home with you and she will have her family with her over the christmas period to keep an eye of her.

Back