• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My poor Penny!

Bruce H

Our 9 year old "grandma" Penny (our first cavalier) just got back from the vet a couple hours ago after having 3 teeth pulled in conjunction with a cleaning. She is really not feeling well, but that's to be expected after being put under.

When we got her home she was cold and shivering so we microwaved a towel and covered her with that. Then we microwaved a couple rice socks and put them beside her in her bed and covered her up with a blanket. Been checking on her every 20 minutes or so and she is no longer cold, just definately not feeling good.

Penny's daughter Kate has perfect teeth, as do the rest of our crew, so don't know why Penny has trouble. We have always kept on top of teeth cleaning here at home because of the link to heart disease and it must be working, as Penny was clear at the heart clinic last July.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

I just have a dental appointment a few weeks ago myself. I didnt have to have any teeth pulled, thank goodness!, but I certainly wasnt up to my old self right away. I totally feel for Penny.

Congrats on that clear heart with Penny; that's great!! I know I need to do some teeth cleaning with my boys; they do get raw chicken necks and dental chews but I need to be more circumspect with actual brushing given the heart disease links to poor dental health, as you note.

Poor Penny though -- it makes you feel so terrible when they are under the weather. That's got to hurt, three teeth out. Ouch! It really does seem genetic (good teeth) -- I have two calico cat sisters, and one has terrible gums and teeth and always has; while the other has sparkling whites and no bad breath!

It's freezing here in Dublin (as the other Dubliners on the board can testify!) so that microwaved bag of rice sounds pretty good to my feet right now!

Penny is feeling much better this afternoon. Seems to be back to her old self, barking at any intruder in the back yard and looking for food, any food! It really is so hard to see the kids in pain and not be able to explain things to them.

{{{{{{{{Penny}}}}}}}} Bruce, I think it's worse when the babies are ill, at least with human kids they can tell you how they feel!

Back