• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

OMG just found out what bully sticks are

luvzcavs

Well after reading a couple of times on here about people giving bully sticks to their doggies I decided to do a search to find out what they were.

Oh Oh yuk ! Bulls penis and you people give them to your sweet and innocent cavies (and I bet they love em :p )

Now this is how sick and twisted I am, how long after they have had their bully stick do you wait to give them a kiss ?? :yuk:

brings me to another question........how many people kiss their dogs on the lips ??

I am terrible, I let them lick my face and kiss on the lips and everything.
(probably equally as yuk as the bully sticks to some of you ?)

Yeh, they do love their bully sticks, so I just try not to think where they come from. The last time I bought them from my local pet store, it was cheaper to buy one 36 inch bully stick and have it cut down. When I asked my Dad to cut it with his saw into 6 inch pieces, you can be sure I didn't tell him it was bull penis. I needed his help, so it was best that he stayed in the dark about it's origins.

As far as kisses, yes dogs put bad stuff in their mouth and I let them kiss me. Even if it wasn't bully sticks, they lick in some very inappropriate places. I just choose not to think about that either.

:p Aha another case of first timer shock at learning of what bully sticks are made...

Here in Ireland they are marketed as 'pizzle sticks' by Lidl which makes it a bit more obvious!! :lol:

To be honest I am less worried about face licks after a dried bully stick than I am after the dogs have been licking all their own similar parts clean... :yikes

PMSL I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather mine kiss me after eating a bully stick than after eating something disguting that the birds have dropped in the garden! At least the bully sticks are cooked :lol:

If Maxx wants to give you a kiss, there's nothing at all that will stop him and he likes to get inside your ears and nose as well :lol:

Charlie's kiss is a bit stingier - one lick on the nose and that's your lot :roll:

Have you seen Maxx's kiss fest video????

This is him and my youngest son.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUFp82I-xqw

And no, my son hadn't been eating - he'd just had a shower and was in his pyjamas!

:lol: Heheheh, this reminds me of my first encounters with bully sticks. One of the dog trainers recommended bullies, so I bought a few and gave to my pups. As they chewed an odor arose :yuk:. The next time I went to training class, I asked what is a bully stick made of? Since we were in mixed company, she said "it's what makes a bull a bull" :lol:

We were sooo grossed out, but of course if the pups love them.... We buy the 12 inch bullies, and my hubby cuts them with his power saw into 4 inch pieces. :grnyuk: It actually smells worst when he cuts them.

I wonder what your dad thought of the smell when he was cutting the bully stick for you?? :lol:

i never knew what bully sticks where either..now i kno ..well..

yea im also curios about the face/lips kissing thing...i always let my dogs kiss me all over the face/lips i dont mind at all..hygenically i dont know if its good or not...im assuming its not good but my two have been doing it for ages and nothing seems to happening (i think i even encourage by always givin then a light kiss then on the lip :| ) milo has this weird obsession with licking my ears to death and sort o putting his mouth around the edge..his teeth never close on the ear he just like.,.i duno how 2 explain it..i have noo idea if its good or not so ill jst continue watching this topic.

:lol: Donna - max looks likehe loves your son alot! your son seems to be having a good time as well!

I've sticked to the pig ears... :lol:
But that's just becous my babies don't like the bulle sticks ;)

My guys aren't allowed bully sticks anymore because they get so posessive with them.

Donna - I just love that video. I smiled through the whole thing. I love the little flash of tail wagging you can see. I just adore your son's reaction. He's loving it!

Both my boys adore the babies - no wonder they are so naughty - Mamma says no so they go to one of the soft touches :lol:

Nisha, my excuse is that a dog's lick has got antiseptic in it - my Vet lets the dogs kiss him too - he's still here :lol:

I honestly think that kids who live with dogs are hardier than kids who don't so there must be some good in keeping them - not that we don't already know this.... :lol:

I figured as long as the dogs are healthy (no worms etc...) I am healthy I can get a few licks on the face without issue. I have a few ear lickers and a couple of huggers- these guys rarely face lick.

My hubby asked that we not buy bully sticks-- He said they could have almost ANYTHING else. :yikes

My boys are all allowed to lick us - or kiss us.... Busta loves Grandads ears.... as long as they haven't been in the garden and eaten any cat poo.... :yikes

Are they really bull wee wees??!! I just discovered them over the summer and bought a box from www.bullysticksonline.com. I swear I read on their site somewhere that it was bull tendon not wee wees. Oh dear. That's how I convinced my husband to order a box. He must NEVER know the truth or Spencer won't get to have any more. :badgrin:

they sure pong though, don't they? actually I had an idea what they were but something in my brain just said 'don't go there'!!

:grnyuk: :grnyuk:

(great expressions)!!!!!

Its funny before I got the dogs I used to get a lot of viruses and colds and stuff but since having the dogs I have had hardley any as if their kisses boosted my immune system.

Maxx is like my boys they are very serious and thorough about their licking. Loved the video :lol: :lol:

Sheesh ... I bet they LOVE them, Lord knows Ella loves the oddest things. - seriously right before I was about to send this post I noticed Ella had gotten awefully quite, that's b/c she was sniffing the kitty poo in the litter box - didn't have a chance to eat it but I'm sure that's where things were headed

As for kisses ... well, yea - we let her kiss on the lips, ears, bald head (for my Dad), hands, drink out of our cups, the whole lot ...

260810087_21023f737d.jpg

I never thought this would be me...but I love to have my pups smother me in bed in the morning. As Lucy from Peanuts would say ...dog germs, blach!!! Now, I love nothing more. And don't tell hubby but we all three did share a popsicle the other day! I know that would gross him out.

Charleen said:
.... The last time I bought them from my local pet store, it was cheaper to buy one 36 inch bully stick ....

THIRTY SIX INCHES?! :yikes

KC icon_whistling

Back