• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Car Sick Puppies

Ms Debz

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has advice for car sick puppies? Sammy is almost 16 weeks old and gets sick in the car about half the time (although he has not been in the car much yet) Do you have any tips? Do they out grow it?

Thanks!

i dont have any tips.
some dogs are just not able to handle the car. my grandparents dog tasha used to get car sick a lot.
i am so fortunate my two dogs ..oliver and now maggie have been okay in the car.
maggie is in the car everyday for 'grandpas daycare'..but i alos love taking her out on weekends.

try google..see if theres any help there..if not maybe someone on here has some advice.

Gracie gets car sick almost every time she goes in the car too, in trips as short as 20-30 minutes. I don't feed her if I know we will be traveling within about 4 hours. For example, I visit my parents a lot on weekends so I wont feed her in the morning until we get to their house, then I wont feed her again until we return back to my place. This seems to really make a difference - since doing this she has not been sick in the car. As a precaution though (after have to clean up after her so many times...) I now keep a towel in the car to put down under her for the trip - just in case!

For longer trips I give both girls a half tablet of children's chewable gravol. This was recommended by my vet but I would talk to yours to verify the correct dosage for Sammy. Since they're cherry flavored and dissolve quickly they just eat them like treats, but I only do this for longer road trips over an hour.

Back