• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

WA or Canadian members: URGENT Vancouver rescue/PTS risk!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Please see Nancy's post in breed rescue section! Not sure if that is a cavalier or cocker/cav cross but is listed as a cavalier and the dog is at high risk of being pts SOON. Here's the chance for those of you in that general region to take some action -- make some calls to breed rescue, local non kill shelters, consider offering a home! Offer transport, short term foster, anything that will get this dog SAFE.

I am flying out tomorrow morning..otherwise I would go get her and find her a new home - there must be hundreds of people who would want her - she's an absolutely beautiful dog.

Vancouver is five hours from where I live, so, unfortunately, I can't swing this before I leave. Please somebody save this little girl.

Ok...I just spoke to the president of the CKCS Club of B.C. - she's going to call me back...I will keep you posted

The majority of us are 4300 km or a 5 day drive from Vancouver. I did a search online and this is the cavalier rescue contact for British Columbia:
Mrs. Katie Eldred [email protected] 604-857-2106 if anyone is out that way.

The president of the CKCS Club of B.C. is going to make some calls. She is also affiliated with the B.C. rescue group.

They won't take her in as a rescue themselves as they don't deal with cross breeds. However, only 3-4 full Cavs come up for rescue in B.C. a year (which is good news, I guess) and thus there is a waiting list for these dogs.

She think she knows one or two people who may want to adopt this dog.

She did say she will NOT let this little one be put down regardless of her breeding.

I will let you know more as I hear it.

Oh I am so pleased to hear that she is so beautiful -----Aileen and the gang ( Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Chardonnay said:
The president of the CKCS Club of B.C. is going to make some calls. She is also affiliated with the B.C. rescue group.

They won't take her in as a rescue themselves as they don't deal with cross breeds. However, only 3-4 full Cavs come up for rescue in B.C. a year (which is good news, I guess) and thus there is a waiting list for these dogs.

She think she knows one or two people who may want to adopt this dog.

She did she will NOT let this little one be put down regardless of her breeding.

I will let you know more as I hear it.

Your a doll! :flwr: Now enjoy your vacation!

Ok...somebody went to try to get the dog out...They would not release her. She was just surrendered. There is a waiting period (I guess, in case the owners change their mind).

In any case, nothing bad is going to happen to this little sweetie. She is safe.

The B.C. rescue president is going to email me when everything is settled out with Daisy and I will post an update.

Oh thank god! I was just trying to see if there was any way I could drive through the Rocky Mountains this weekend to Vancouver (about 13hrs away) to get her if necessary!! :drivecar:

So happy that she appears to be in good hands now (and I don't need to worry about potentially making that crazy drive out there! LOL) :w**h**:

These "doggies-in-trouble" posts lately are making me walk around work with my heart in my throat :sl*p: .......I'm really still mourning that b&t from yesterday :(

I'm optimistic about a positive ending for this sweet girl tho! (cavaliers...even cav-crosses are very hard to find and are in high demand in Western Canada....I'm sure she will find herself a very nice and loving forever home!) :flwr:

Driving many hurs is a normal part of rescue work. :) A lot of us regularly do many hours driving to get rescue dogs sorted. On Irish roads, it is 5 hours for me to get to Kerry or Donegal... but simply to get around Dublin three weeks ago to collect Albert and Bianca, get them to the vet, on to Brid for foster and Albert's new home, than back to my dogs was a total of 6 hours of driving on back country roads, the freeway and city roads. It was at least a 5 hour drive to get Sam (Hammer) from NESSR in Northern England to Mattie's Mum, not to mention the three people who split the very long drive for this dog from Kildare to NESSR and across on the ferry (a couple of people splitting a drive is often a real help). And nearly four hours for one volunteer to get him from Rosscommon to Kildare to start with. That's why driving is a valuable contribution anyone can make to rescue.

We do have members around Washington state area -- several -- so BC is an option for anyone in that area of course, and a better option than for people on the other side of Canada. Don;t know if any of our Washingtonians has seen the listing?

As I noted on the other thread, unless the shelter has said this IS a mix, please assume it is a cavalier. Picture angles can make some dogs look more like mixes -- and many pure cavaliers have long faces especially if from BYBs or other breeders who do not breed for conformation. They will pretty quickly revert to longer nosed dogs if bred indiscriminately. So someone from breed rescue should view the dog to make a call. :)

Thanks all those who worked to get this one sorted. In my experience even if this is a mix, many on waiting lists for cavaliers are delighted with mixes too. So might help to circulate a pic to prospects. :)

I don't understand however why a shelter was listing a dog it won't release?

Karlin said:
I don't understand however why a shelter was listing a dog it won't release?

Well apparently the group that listed her is not the shelter that has her. They merely get a notice about each small breed dog that comes into this place and their experience with it is that it is a high-kill shelter and won't keep the dog for long - thus they act immediately.

The president of the rescue did view the pictures and the write up and is treating it as a CKCS as such which gives her the power to act...otherwise there would be little she could do other than asking people on the waiting list if they would consider fostering/adopting a mix.

She thought Daisy was gorgeous and gave me her word that nothing was going to happen to her. She was very upset about this development and couldn't believe they would consider putting down such a beautiful pet.

She looks just like missy Except for color...the coat and the top not is the same.

How cute ...I am so glad you guys are helping her!! :thnku:

Your terrific!

Thanks to all of you who are working to get this little one released. I don't think any of us could stand another unhappy ending this week. You guys are the best.:lotsaluv:

Back