• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pedigree information...CAN ANYONE HELP?

louiejoe

Hi ....I don't know if I am posting this in the right place but wondered if anyone on here(particularly anyone in Ireland) can help me. I recently acquired a new cavalier and am trying to find out her pedigree.

Kizzy is IKC registered and here are the few details I do know about her.

Registered name : SUMMERTIME ALLY
D.O.B. : 19/08/07
Colour : BLENHEIM
Sire : MARTHA ICE
Dam : ALLY'S GIRL
Breeder : Mr John Kirwan (Co. Killkenny)

I didn't get her from the breeder so know very little else about her. I can obviouslly get a copy of her pedigree from the IKC but wondered if anyone on here could enlighten me about her pedigree in the meantime? Any info will be much appreciated:)

Tracy

Basically,your first port of call is the breeder himself.
He will most likely have the four generation certs for the parents and usually most breeders will send copies of them to you if you ask.
There's no affix for the parents so tracing them will be difficult.However,you'll find that perhaps not so very far back,the grandparents or great grandparents will be derived from showlines and they will be traceable.
If the breeder can't help,then,provided you are the registered owner of the dog,you can download a form from the IKC website and request a 4 gen pedigree from them at
a cost of €32.
Sins

Basically,your first port of call is the breeder himself.
He will most likely have the four generation certs for the parents and usually most breeders will send copies of them to you if you ask.
There's no affix for the parents so tracing them will be difficult.However,you'll find that perhaps not so very far back,the grandparents or great grandparents will be derived from showlines and they will be traceable.
If the breeder can't help,then,provided you are the registered owner of the dog,you can download a form from the IKC website and request a 4 gen pedigree from them at a cost of €32.
Sins

Hi Sins, Thanks for your reply. I am used to dealing with the KC and IKC as I show whippets, ...... and CKCS on ocassions, but not lately!! I have transferred Kizzy into my name so will be able to purchase a copy of her pedigree from the IKC.
Tracy

Back