• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

vegas's eye

rocky

vegassoaked.jpg
this pic was taken a few months ago of vegas but just wanted to ask your advice on his eye that is slightly turned you always see the white of it he seems to see okay out of it do you think there could be a problem with it?

Cleo has a slightly wandering eye. She doesn't seem to have any difficulty seeing out of it or anything, I guess it's the same way that some people have wandering eyes. I don't know the technical term for this. If you're worried about it maybe you should ask you vet.

Dylan has this too as did his sire. I don't think his eye is "wondering" though. I may be wrong but by the red eye in this pic, both eyes seem to be looking in the same direction!
1637676894_f4f9d47d9d_b.jpg

thanks, thats reasuring it does'nt seem to wander and i'm sure he can see okay with it so i'm happy for now:) i love dylan's fluffiness he's so cute

Right OK!! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR DOGS EYE!!!

Neither of them have a problem there at all, what that is, is where the "sclera" in their eye is NOT pigmented. A hallmark of the Cavalier breed is a double pigmentation of the eye, in a lot of Cavaliers the "sclera" does NOT pigment, breeders will say that a puppy is showing "White of eye" and that is what this is! It is not a fault with the eye, it does NOT affect the vision in anyway that I am aware of, both dogs pictured both show the classic "White of eye" that is just one more reason why an otherwise "promising" puppy will be sold as a pet instead.

In Vegas's case his slight lack of "cushioning" under his eye accentuates the white of eye showing. The pic of Dylan actually helps to illustrate what I mean, they are 2 beautiful boys, white of eye or not! :lotsaluv:

Hope this helps??

Thanks Cathryn :) that's interesting. I wasn't worried about Dylan's eye, just trying to reassure Rocky.

thanks pauline & cathryn for your comments i wasn't overly worried about his eye but just thought i would ask to be on the safe side and feel better for it thanks againcavtiny

Back