• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

1st vet visit

Took my wee Charlie to the vet this morn for his first check up,I am so relieved he is ok(apart from ear mites!which he must have got at his breeders).Roll on 4weeks and 5days till we can get him out in public.

charlie is gorgeous, took my mollie out for her first walk on tuesday, she is 14 weeks, she only went 1/2 a block and was exhausted, slept for 2 hours after, she hated the walk, got scared from the noise of the traffic, will persevere and hopefully she will get used to it,

i hope you and your puppy have a great time together

I'm sure you're bustin' to get Charlie out and about - great fun. Willow was never nervous when a pup but then she was out with her minders ;) I love the way pups go mad for a while then are shattered. It's not quite so easy trying to knacker 2 German Shepherds but when it does happen it's a good, good feelin' :D

Don't forget you can carry him out and about to see traffic, people etc and get used to noises - just don't put him on the ground until after his 2nd injection.

Have a read of Ian Dunbar's books, BEFORE You Get Your Puppy and AFTER You Get Your Puppy they are free to download from http://dogstardaily.com/free-downloads

ESSENTIAL reading for every new puppy owner

Thanks for the advice,never thought about carrying him out! Ive took him in the car for short drives to get him used to it but get scared incase he needs to go to toilet.what do I do if I carry him and think he needs to wee,do I let him down then or not at all untill next injection?good to hear they sleep for hours after walks I might get somethings done then.lol!
ALSO i read on here of someone who gave his dog loads of his daily food as rewards for good behavior,I did this today and it was amazing what I was able to teach him in one day but then again he might not want to do it again but here's hoping!

Back