• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Joint Supplements?

Moviedust

Aside from Glucosamine and condroitin (spelling?), are there any other joint supplements that you've used? Cedar has weak knees, right now just level 1 luxation, but I know she could have problems as she ages. She's not currently on any supplements, so I thought it was time to start. I'd like to know what others have successfully used.

Fish body oil - look into sardine oil and krill oil if you can afford it. These are for omega 3's that reduce inflammation.

Vitamin E - good antioxidant, should be used with the fish oil

For pain - Duralactin and Vitamin C (anecdotally)

I seem to recall members posting about fish oil that comes in a pump bottle. The oil would be squirted onto the dog's kibble. Does anyone know what brand this product is?

I started using Halo Dream Coat Oil. My Chi Paco is having some skin issues and I thought it may help. It's only been a week so far so we'll see if it does anything to help him. I also use it in my 2 cats food too.

I use either Grizzly or Kronch salmon oil.

We had a holistic vet speak at our club last night and she talked about the use of acupuncture and manual manipulations for patellar luxation. Shelby has had the surgery twice and, three years later, we've found it didn't hold. She had some interesting information and we may look into it.

Back