• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lauren 28th May 2009 - 3rd December 2014

Nicki

Lauren was given her wings to save her from further suffering as the pain from CM/SM was becoming increasingly difficult to manage.

Lauren had the Chiari malformation and syrinxes the length of her spine; believed to have been exacerbated by our exposure to chronic carbon monoxide poisoning over a period of several years

From the moment she was born I knew she would be stopping with us - I had really wanted a Tricolour girl. She was very special to me from the moment of her birth. It took a long time for my husband to bond with her, but she eventually worked her magic on him too. We are both devastated at losing our beautiful, precious girl. It was the hardest decision to make but the most loving one.

Sadly Lauren was attacked a Golden Retreiver when she was just a puppy, this left her with a fear of other dogs, with the help of a behaviourist and training we did get her more confident around some dogs, but it was always difficult.

I feel overwhelmed with sadness at her loss, she was my 'heart' dog. Because she had been so poorly, she was very clingy and wanted to be with me all the time, so it's really hard as I am constantly looking for her.

I will put up some photos later.

We are so very sorry for your loss Nicki, but what a beautiful tribute to a wonderful dog, you are all in our thoughts x

So sad Nicki, You've given a lovely tribute though.
You and your family are in my thoughts....please take care of yourself

Mel x

So very sad for your loss, run free little one. My heart goes out to you and you are in my thoughts.

Catherine x

Your post is so moving, Nicki. This makes me so sad. Because I know how much you loved Lauren, and how long you worked to make her life more comfortable, I know how hard it must have been to take this decision. Thinking of you and Trevor at such a terribly difficult time. :(

I can feel your love for Lauren and your pain and sadness at her passing. She will always with you, in your heart and memories. She was too young to have suffered so much, but she is now running free of all pain.

RIP sweet Lauren. *ng*l

CM/SM is such a horrific disorder to claim such a young life because of unrelenting/uncontrollable pain. Lauren, you, and Trevor were lucky to have spent 4+ years together knowing love and happiness. I hope you are able to find some peace in your memories of her. Rest in peace sweet, beautiful girl.

Nicki and Trevor, I'm so sorry for your loss of Lauren, she was so special to you. It's really hard - the space that's left behind can be very big for such small dogs - thinking of you xx

Gone from our sight, but never our memories. Gone from our touch, but never our hearts. Nanette. Xxxxx

Thank you all, I'm finding it hard to visit any of the forums/facebook pages at the moment, but I really appreciate your lovely posts and messages.

I feel your pain and loss Nicki, its devastating to lose a pet, have,nt been on forum for a little while, so have only just caught up with the news, i know that she was dearly loved and treasured, and that you gave her a magical life,god bless you Karen,Ruby and Sadie xxx

Back