• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Scotland

elaine181000

Hi everyone,

First off I wish I'd found this forum ages ago! Oh well better late than never LOL.

I'm Elaine, my husband is Martin and we live in Scotland. We have a cavalier - Lucy, she turned 8 last December. She is my first dog and we just fell head over heels for her. We've had her since she was 15 weeks old. A few years ago she was diagnosed with a heart murmur. Our vet is very good and monitored it closely. As soon as it moved from very mild, she was put on medication - vetmedin. More recently it has progressed quite a bit, she had a heart scan and ecg a few weeks ago and the news wasn't good - her heart is enlarged, and the murmur is severe. She has been coughing for quite some time. She has been on frusemide for a while now and the cardiologist said that he would expect her to stabilise on it for around 2-3 months then she would need to have her diuretics changed. Once they stop working, he says, we have to go in and "talk about what is best for Lucy". :(

Anyway I found this site when looking for information on MVD. I'm at work but I can't wait to go to the photo forums and share my pics and videos!!! She's just our baby. :D

I'm so glad to be here!

- Elaine
Proud Mum to cavalier Lucy

Hello Elaine and icon_welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about your Lucy. My Lady who will be 10 this year is in the same situation, but so far so good :xfngr: .

Sarah Xxx

Thanks Sarah. I just realised my first post was kind of depressing so sorry about that!!! I think we're just so worried about her just now that when I start talking about her it's the first thing that comes out.

I saw someone else mentioned that they were owned by their dog . . . and I must say we're the same. We spoil her as much as we can . . she's such a loving and sweet dog and all she wants is to be cuddled. She's such a joy to be around and I know all the cav owners here will understand! They are just a fabulous breed :D

Do you have pics of Lady in the photos area? I must go and look. Nothing like cav photos to cheer up a day!

Welcome Elaine. Sorry you are going through this with your baby. I'm assuming you've looked at the health section and found all of the wonderful information about mvd? This board is a huge source of information, comfort and suggestions.

Welcome!

Hello

Welcome!

We're in the same boat as you, with our Cailean having MVD. He too is on Vetmedin & Frusemide.

If you want to chat about it, just drop me a pm.

Cheers
Fran

icon_welcome Elaine and Lucy,

So sorry to hear that Lucy is poorly but we will all give you as much support as we can. There are some real 'experts' on here who are used to coping with MVD in their babies. :flwr:

Thank you all so much for the welcomes. This board is just a mine of information and I'm absoloutely loving it. Favourite bit has to be the pics forums . . . . just heaven. Could be in there all day!!

There's nothing I love more than to talk about the Lucy Dog, and to hear all about other people's Cavs, so this is just awesome :D

Back