• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Crate dividers?

Lisa_T

I'd like a crate divider so I can prevent Chloe from chasing her cat bed around the crate. It makes an awful mess. Besides, I'm spooked by the car safety post below- can I divide one large crate to allow two dogs in one? Can you get dividers for the soft crates? (I have one soft and two wire- one here at home, the other at work).

I've never heard of crate dividers and I don;t think these would be secure unless you bought a crate designed to be split.

Most people put empty boxes in a too-large crate for a puppy and take it out as it grows larger. Most dog shows sell very low cost crate liners that will fit the standard sizes as well.

Just came across wire crate dividers sold by Petedge in the US -- but these are specifically for their own brand wire crates. So maybe some other companies sell them if you are talking about a wire crate. I don't think such a thing exists for plastic crates though.

Does Chloe do her 'messing' overnight or when crated during the day ? If the former, then perhaps a plastic carrier, only about £12 from Argos would help. I bought one for Joly as a puppy and it was very snug with a piece of vetbed added. Teddy still sleeps in it, though it's a tight squeeze (Just room to turn as he's a sturdy lad), but he likes it. The carrier is also handy for transporting a puppy as it fits nicely into a seat belt.

Actually, I do have one of the smaller plastic crates from when Holly was little. I could use that, I suppose, but it seems a shame to move Chloe when she's comfy... H'mm, thanks for the idea, I'll dig out the old crate and see what it's like! This house is coming down with crates of various sizes, shapes, colours and types :oops:

Most crates now-a-days come with a divider panel..at least the ones I've seen... But most dividers only fit the models they were designed for

That seems to be mostly in the US- I've not actually seen many crates in the UK with panels- and mine is an old one from the breeders- virtually bomb proof, but no helpful details like brands! And my other ones are respectively soft and an Argos medium wire crate.

Back