• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vomiting blood

wohorse

:cry: Snuggles had an episode Sat. where he vomited a moderate amt. of bright red blood. A trip to the ER and more vomiting of blood, and he was diagnosed with "Infectious Hemataemesis????(vomiting blood) Gastroenteritis. I was told the bleeding was from either a virus or bacteria in the stomach, that had irritated the stomach so bad that it bled. I think that definition was given, because they could not find any other diagnosis.
All in all, it was and still is rather scarey. Although Snuggles seems to be better now, I am soooo worried. Has anyone else had any problems such as this? :cry:

How scary that must be for you! I don't know anything about but please keep us posted.

http://www.vetinfo.com/dencyclopedia/dehge.html

So sorry to hear about Snuggles - this is a very scary condition, requiring rapid treatment.

I do know of a tiny 3lb Yorkie who had this but came through ok- so keep positive.

There is some information about it on the above website, I guess this is what your vet is referring to.

Hope that Snuggles will soon be feeling much better - sending healing thoguhts and prayers for you both.

Back