• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Irish members: seminar on dealing with fireworks

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
From Dog Training Ireland (DTI) -- highly recommended trainers! :)

Hello All,

We are hosting a seminar to help dog owners manage the effects Halloween. The details are below:

Every year, dog owners have to deal with the effects Halloween has on their dogs. Many feel unable and unequipped to deal with the behaviours displayed by their pet. Dogs can display varying degrees of fear and owners can find it difficult to overcome this. Some dogs find the smallest space to squeeze into, curl up in a ball and wait it out, while others become frantic when the fear takes over.

Many owners make the mistake of reassuring their pets in an incorrect manner, which only serves to confirm in the dogs mind that there is a problem. This in turn heightens the anxiety levels in the dog and adds to a severe reaction.

The evening seminar will be held to discuss these problems and offer solutions on how to manage Halloween time.

Items discussed will be:

What causes this reaction in our dogs?
How should I react to effectively deal with the situation?
How can I calm my dog down and help?
Products that can help my dog calm down
Sedatives and the effects they have on dogs
Providing natural alternatives to sedatives and drugs
The importance of keeping your dog enclosed and safe at this time of year
Q & A session

We will have a number of products available, which can help your dog stay calm around this time.

Qualified trainers and behaviourists will be available to answer specific questions related to your dog.

Remember, how you deal with Halloween this year will determine how your dog deals with Halloween next year!

Seminar Details:

Venue : The Davenport Hotel, Merrion Square, Dublin 2
Date : 13/10/2005
Time : 7.30pm
Cost : ?35

BOOK ONLINE From www.DogTrainingIreland.ie

That's a good idea Karlin, lots of dogs are petrified by Hallowe'en and the noises associated with it.

Maxx however, gets really excited whenever the doorbell rings and he sees the kids all dressed up. He knows most of the kids round here anyway and I'm not sure if it's the kids he wants to see or the fact that he knows there will be sweeties attached to them LOL

My youngest took him trick or treating with him and his friends last year and Maxx came back with a Bonio and a gravy bone in sons bag :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back