• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

King Charles Spaniels

Teresa

I went to a show yesterday with Cassie - She was great and thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the other dogs. It is something new to us and I do have mixed views on dog showing but thought we'd try it out.

Whilst there I went to look at he King Charles judging - I have to say after being a Cavalier owner for eight years I found their heads very strange. I know some people breed these alongside Cavaliers. I personally think they are rather ugly dogs...

My opinion on their look aside, I was left wondering what health issues they must have due to head shape....SM, CM difficulties with breathing etc...I know they are less popular as a pet but I'm sure their health problems must be worse!!

The other thing that was apparent is the overall similarity in body size to the Cavaliers, I thought they were supposed to be smaller in size.

My Barney is a big Cavalier but the dogs now are more of the size that bitches used to be...Cassie is definately not going to be a big girl.. Maybe breeding for smaller size affects the problems Cavs are having??

I just wondered what other people may think of these comments..

King charles spaniels

I went to a show yesterday with Cassie - She was great and thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the other dogs. It is something new to us and I do have mixed views on dog showing but thought we'd try it out.

Whilst there I went to look at he King Charles judging - I have to say after being a Cavalier owner for eight years I found their heads very strange. I know some people breed these alongside Cavaliers. I personally think they are rather ugly dogs...

My opinion on their look aside, I was left wondering what health issues they must have due to head shape....SM, CM difficulties with breathing etc...I know they are less popular as a pet but I'm sure their health problems must be worse!!

The other thing that was apparent is the overall similarity in body size to the Cavaliers, I thought they were supposed to be smaller in size.

My Barney is a big Cavalier but the dogs now are more of the size that bitches used to be...Cassie is definately not going to be a big girl.. Maybe breeding for smaller size affects the problems Cavs are having??

I just wondered what other people may think of these comments..

KING CHARLES SPANIELS

Yes TERESA,

This is what I wonder too, has Breeding Cavaliers Smaller than they used to be 20 years ago, involved them in their SM Problem, especially the Brain Room in their Smaller Heads.

Bet

Hi there..

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has mixed views on the King Charles breed. When out walking Tula and Iver I always get people asking if the are king Charles and I always have to say NO Cavalier King Charles. When ever I see a King Charles I can't help but feel sorry for them, they never look healthy and always look over weight!!

Tula my Ruby bitch is tall with a longer nose (witch I think is much better than the shorter nose) and Iver ruby male is a little shorter with a shorter nose. They are both very healthy and our vet is always telling us about the king Charles that he see's. They are both 2 years old even tho Iver still looks like his 11 month (bless him)

Back