• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Magical experience...

Nicki

I took the pups to my nearest beach this morning - only about a mile away. It's usually very quiet - rarely see more than one other person if that - but usually see lots of seals, it's one of the best beaches in the county for seals, there is a large resident population of Grey Seals.

It was glorious in the sunshine, so I sat on some rocks right next to the sea, and could hear a "pipping" noise. I was looking around for a bird, but couldn't see one. Suddenly a young Otter appeared out of the sea, literally about 3 feet from me!! :yikes

The puppies were with me so it went back in again, but didn't disappear which I thought was odd. The pups went off playing and from behind me appeared a female otter!! it was her pipping, calling the youngster. The little one came out of the sea again and the two disappeared into the weed. I moved a distance away and watched them for a few minutes before they went back into the sea.

What a magical experience! :-D:-D

We have seen otters on a few occasions over the years since living here - but never so close, and it's the first time I've heard them vocalising.

Strangely it would have been Teddy's 7th birthday today [he was PTS in April after a long and brave battle with Syringomyelia] - and I was thinking about him {and missing him terribly :(:(}. Maybe his way of letting me know he was thinking of me too?

What a lovely experience. You're very lucky to have seen that little family. I bet his mum told him off for not coming the first time he was called. :)

Oh wow Nicki....that gave me goosebumps!! I have no doubt that was Teddy saying "hey" to you. What a neat experience!!

Wow Nicki; you are truly privileged as they are normally so shy and wary of people. What a magical experience indeed and with such wonderful timing too. :flwr: I envy you such a ringside seat!

Wow, what a magical experience! It's something you would read out of a book, and yes... I would like to think that maybe it was Teddy communicating with you from beyond...

Nicki, that must have been so amazing.:)
I am sure Teddy had something to do with it.:flwr:

What a rare experience for you. It’s something most of us normally only see on Wildlife programs. I am sure it was Teddy’s way of saying I am still around even if you can’t see me.

How fabulous, it sounds wonderful and Teddy letting you know he is with you must have been quite emotional.:hug:

Back