• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Probably Ridiculous

goda

I don't see an answer to this in the FAQ but can a Syrinx be removed? I heard it could be drained but there isn't much info that I can find on the topic.

I think I need an appoint. with the Neurologist sooner.

No it cannot be removed. It can be drained by a shunt but the drain needs to always be there. Sometimes surgery will help reduce syrinx size but actually there is't any clear evidence that having the syrinx reduce gives any better improvement than a decompression where syrinxes don't reduce.

NB -- it would help to have the subject heading relate more directly to the content of the question (eg: 'Can syrinxes be removed' -- this would help people decide to read your post as they can tell whether it is relevant to them and increases the chance that you will get answers from a range of people, and also really helps people who might be looking for such information to find it in archives or while reading the board. Thanks!

No it cannot be removed. It can be drained by a shunt but the drain needs to always be there. Sometimes surgery will help reduce syrinx size but actually there is't any clear evidence that having the syrinx reduce gives any better improvement than a decompression where syrinxes don't reduce.

NB -- it would help to have the subject heading relate more directly to the content of the question (eg: 'Can syrinxes be removed' -- this would help people decide to read your post as they can tell whether it is relevant to them and increases the chance that you will get answers from a range of people, and also really helps people who might be looking for such information to find it in archives or while reading the board. Thanks!

Oh! You are right, I am pretty new to forums. Can it be edited?

Back