• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Potty Training

scrumpyjack

Any ideas gratefully recieved. We're having a few problems getting Scrumpy house broken:confused: He is great during the night sleeping in his crate in the lounge and staying dry.:) The problem is during the day. He keeps insisting on using the kitchen as a toilet. Its not that he wont go in the garden 'cos sometimes he does especially first thing in the morning, but other times he just goes on the floor, even coming in from the garden to do so. He is very blatent about it and doesn't care if you are watching, if we catch him we put him out but its as though he forgets what he has gone out for and wont finish his business until he gets back in. :(

I think we are all familiar with that and all I can really say is that perseverence does bring results eventually. I use the method of taking my puppies out after each meal, always after a sleep and in between, but especially when you see them going round in a circle or going towards the door. When the puppies were very young I always left paper by the door for use at night and mostly it worked. I make a point of staying in the garden until we get results and I take the puppy to the same spot, put him down, point and say whichever short word you want to use to help him associate it with going. Everyone probably has their own method, but this generally worked well for me, so hope it helps your little one.

Back