• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Recent Realization of the Importance of Rupert's Fund

anniemac

I have supported Rupert's Fund and I always thought of it as research (which it is) but now I see how it has also been beneficial in other ways. If an older cavalier that was scanned with help from RF is identified to not have SM, they can be very beneficial to a breeding program. These can not only help the future of the breed by DNA research etc. but also can be provide hope for a future breeding (although there are no guarantees). I am specifically talking about male studs. If anyone can add to this or correct me in my assumptions I would appreciate it. Sometimes it's good to see some immediate benefits because research is a work in progress and takes time. In the meantime, some cavaliers scanned thanks to Rupert's Fund could identify some special older cavaliers that have not developed SM.

Yes that's right Anne, a very important part of Rupert's Fund is finding the older clear dogs.

It is so helpful for breeders to put forward their older stud dogs for scanning, with good results they could be extremely valuable to the breed.

Back