• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The internet: a puppy mill's best friend

The internet : A puppy mill's best friend.

The Internet :A Puppy Mill's Best Friend.

Could this be all the more reason for the Cavalier Buying Public to be being advised to ask the Cavalier Breeder to see a Health Certificate to Prove that they were Health Testing their Cavalier Breeding Stock,and to see Proof that the Cavalier Breeder was also following the Breeding Guidelines Recommended by the Researchers into the SM and MVD Problems in our Cavalier Breed?

Bet

I found the piece shocking, though it doesn't surprise me after thinking about it. Advertisers on the internet can claim anything and pictures of a healthy puppy doesn't mean that's what a buyer will get, expecially if the transaction takes place in a car park or the sickly pup is delivered to someones home.
Bet you are right buyers should ask to see certificates; but much more important, they should see the puppy in it's own home with it's mum.
I know even this can be stage managed and the dog they bring out might not be the mother, but these fraudsters are probably more than capable of producing fake papers and health certificates too!!!
What can be done? Especillay to end the suffering of the dogs.

The Internet: A Puppy mill's Best Friend

I found the piece shocking, though it doesn't surprise me after thinking about it. Advertisers on the internet can claim anything and pictures of a healthy puppy doesn't mean that's what a buyer will get, expecially if the transaction takes place in a car park or the sickly pup is delivered to someones home.
Bet you are right buyers should ask to see certificates; but much more important, they should see the puppy in it's own home with it's mum.
I know even this can be stage managed and the dog they bring out might not be the mother, but these fraudsters are probably more than capable of producing fake papers and health certificates too!!!
What can be done? Especillay to end the suffering of the dogs.

Davecav.

I have had a couple of Coffees wondering how to give you an answer .

I think if we keep plugging away and keep trying to make the Cavalier Buying Public, and any -body buying a Dog for that matter,aware about the Health Problems in the Breed ,then hope-fully the message will get through to some of them.

I know that the Cavalier Researchers are trying their best to get Answers to the SM and MVD Problems in our Breed,but us who love the Cavalier Breed ,can try our best to get the the Cavalier Buying Public to only buy from Cavalier Breeders who Health Test,and make this publicly known ,through the Internet Forums ,Dog Magazines .etc ....and use every chance we get of doing this.

Bet

Back