• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Niko

Jen

It's been three weeks since we found out our oldest cat, Niko, may have cancer, and given his age, we decided not to pursue any great measures. The last week he wasn't eating normal, the last few days only treats mattered. It was time. He was my first pet in my adult life; for well over a decade he was my constant source of comfort, now I can't imagine when this pain is going to lessen.
Sweet dreams, Big Boo.
September 28, 2007

IMG_0357.jpg

Last edited:
I am so sorry Jen. I hope time will bring healing. His sweet memories will one day bring gentle smiles and less tears.

I am so sorry to hear about your little man Jen. I am sending you healing hugs and kisses and will pray your happy memories will help you through this difficult time.

Oh, Jen, I'm so very sorry for you. Niko was just beautiful and I know your memories of your time together are even more stunning. Hugs to you.

Remembering all the funny and loveable things will help. I know how you feel though still miss my first forever furball to this day 25 years later...

I am so sorry to hear this. I hopë you will find comfort in the memories, even though this is so very hard. :hug:

I'm so very sorry to read this Jen, he was a gorgeous cat and you obviously had a very strong bond with him.

That dreadful raw pain does ease with time, just leaving a sadness, but you also have many happy memories of lovely times together.

Thinking of you, cuddle the pups close, they will be missing their friend too.

We're so sorry to read this Jen, just to let you knw we're thinking of you at this time :flwr:

I'm so very sorry to read this Jen, he was a gorgeous cat and you obviously had a very strong bond with him.

That dreadful raw pain does ease with time, just leaving a sadness, but you also have many happy memories of lovely times together.

Thinking of you, cuddle the pups close, they will be missing their friend too.

Besides the two dogs, we have another cat who hasn't stopped looking for his brother; it breaks my heart all over again. :( Jackson is 8 has has never been w/out his brother.

I'm so sorry to hear this Jen. I do think you've made a very tough but wise decision. I nursed my last cat through lymphoma for 18 months but didn't continue when it became obvious it wouldn't fair to her. Know that Niko is in a better place and you won't have to watch him suffer through. Letting him go was the kindest and most loving thing you could do for him.

Oh Jen, I'm really sorry to hear about your kitty, Boo. :( It will take time for your other kitty to grieve. I'm sure even the dogs notice a difference. Give them all extra love and they will help you grieve.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

We had to have our 17 year old cat named Christmas put to sleep about ten days ago. He lived with four different dogs in our house, having arrived near the end of our ACS Gumbo's life, lived entirely through our ECS Abby's and then lived as an elder with Hadley and Buddy. Christmas was a special friend to my brother Michael who has mental retardation. We were in the car about three or four days after Christmas' death and he mentioned Christmas being gone and I reminded him about the Rainbow Bridge (which we had discussed before) and said Christmas is there with Gumbo and Abby to which he responded that he thought Christmas was at the North Pole helping Santa Claus. So, Jen, I hope Boo can make a stop at the North Pole on his way to the Bridge and visit with our Christmas for at least a short while. :hug:

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts; each day is getting a bit easier.

I'm so sorry that you had to lose your lovely boy go, but cats will withstand a lot before complaining, so it really was time and you did him the best service you could, by letting him go in peace.

Oh I am so, so sorry Jen; I am only catching up on threads now and have just seen that you had to make this hard decision. :( He is such a beautiful boy in your picture, those grey fellows are so lovely. It will be so raw and painful now, but you will get some peace in having made this decision after you've had time, and I know you were concerned about him for a while; now he has release. You will find he purrs in your memory. :flwr: It's so hard to pick a 'right' time and then, it is so hard letting go. We can't ease the pain for you, but so many of us can share it and know just what you are going through.

So very sorry to hear this Jen...

Thinking of you right now :hug: time heals all wounds, you made the right decision by him :flwr:

Back