• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where to buy dog food in England?

Soushiruiuma

I am sailing tomorrow (Yey!), but I'll need to buy food as soon as I arrive for Guinness' babysitter. Guinness will be switching to James Wellbeloved lamb while on the ship, so I'd like to keep him on that.

The sitter (Ellie) suggested sainsbury's supermarket for food. But I suspect they won't carry quality brands. Maybe I'm wrong? What stores will carry the JW food?

A lot of towns have a store of the Pets at Home chain, which will carry everything you could possibly want for a dog (and a lot you don't want!) or a rabbit, or a bird or a fish... Many towns will also have a smaller pet shop, often run by very knowledgeable people (my local owners are a top cage bird breeder and the owner of a champion Dandie Dinmont Terrier), and most, if not all of them, will carry James Wellbeloved food, which is popular. All pet shops here are strictly regulated. I've never seen JW in Sainsburys or Tesco's, though the really big stores might stock it.

Have a good journey!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Oh wow leaving so soon? :) Enjoy the journey! I hope you get settled quickly, so you can have Guinness back with you ASAP.....You are braver than me I would never have the courage to move away. Going by boat tho I think is the BEST way, I hate long flights I would much rather sail over. Please share your new adventures with us.

Melissa

I order James WB Lamb and Rice from Amazon. Its cheap and usually arrives the next day... i guess that wont be quick enough?

Amazon! That will be quick enough, I'll order it before I leave and have it shipped to the sitter's home, I won't even have to carry it. Thanks.

Oh wow leaving so soon? :) Enjoy the journey! I hope you get settled quickly, so you can have Guinness back with you ASAP.....You are braver than me I would never have the courage to move away. Going by boat tho I think is the BEST way, I hate long flights I would much rather sail over. Please share your new adventures with us.

Melissa

I've always been very independent and adventurous (my poor beat up password can attest to that). The first time I went to Europe I was joining my friend's family for the summer; they flew in from Nigeria and I flew unaccompanied from the US at 11 years old. I had the best time, and have been saying ever since that I would move to Europe. Having a phd makes getting hired abroad easier, so it was a great opportunity.

French was my first language, so although I don't speak it anymore, my comprehension is passable.

The boat is slow, but absolutely the safest for shipping a dog (and the same price as flying him- $500). It will be loads of fun, and I'll be able to visit Guinness every day.

I've always been very independent and adventurous (my poor beat up password can attest to that). The first time I went to Europe I was joining my friend's family for the summer; they flew in from Nigeria and I flew unaccompanied from the US at 11 years old. I had the best time, and have been saying ever since that I would move to Europe. Having a phd makes getting hired abroad easier, so it was a great opportunity.

French was my first language, so although I don't speak it anymore, my comprehension is passable.

The boat is slow, but absolutely the safest for shipping a dog (and the same price as flying him- $500). It will be loads of fun, and I'll be able to visit Guinness every day.

You sound like an adult version of my daughter, she has guts.... She has been flying all over the US alone since age 12. To Washington to visit family, to Florida...she took a train to New York City alone at 15 last summer to visit with a family friend who had just moved there. She has plans to visit Europe as soon as she can (saving working a part time job) Since she is now really thinking about college I will tell her what you said about a PDH.

Although I love ships and cursing, I am not a big fan of traveling outside the US....but I have only been to Mexico and the Islands. I guess I just prefer my own small world. After all my favorite vacation spot is only a 2 hr drive.

Have fun, I'll just enjoy your adventure thur you :)

Melissa

I'm currently in England my mother insisted on renting a car instead of taking the train. We're going to die. I've never been so scared in my life. We're currently in Salisbury, I'm literally in tears and she's just driving in every lane like a maniac. Guinness is in his carrier buckled in. I'm just so scared.

Oh my goodness :( I guess it might take a while to get used to UK roads - and your MOther's driving :(

Lovely to have you here with us in the UK ;)

Driving is over with. Still alive. Worst we hit were curbs and bushes. For some reason everyone sent us through Salisbury and and Shaftesbury. The A30 was closed from Shaftesbury on so we had to detour, and ended up going in a circle and ending up right back at the road closure. The roads were so narrow, we encountered cows, schoolchildren with musical instruments, lorries, buses, bicyclists, rain, farm equipment...

On the way back we went through Branford Forum and Ringwood. It was real roads, without the hazards. It took less than 1/4 the time. Such a relief.

Driving is over with. Still alive. Worst we hit were curbs and bushes. For some reason everyone sent us through Salisbury and and Shaftesbury. The A30 was closed from Shaftesbury on so we had to detour, and ended up going in a circle and ending up right back at the road closure. The roads were so narrow, we encountered cows, schoolchildren with musical instruments, lorries, buses, bicyclists, rain, farm equipment...

On the way back we went through Branford Forum and Ringwood. It was real roads, without the hazards. It took less than 1/4 the time. Such a relief.

The drive alone sounds like an adventure. I'm glad you made it without lose of life LOL.

Melissa

Back