• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Teddy - one year on

Nicki

It's hard to believe that it is a whole year since our gorgeous, handsome Ruby boy was given his wings, at only 6 years of age :( [due to no longer being able to manage the pain of his Syringomyelia]

A light went out of our world...

and became the brightest star in the night sky *ng*l

Teddy came to live with us at 19months, he had only known kennel life which is a tragedy for such a very loving dog.

We miss him so much, he was such a soft, loving boy - he loved his cuddles, and even when he could not longer be comfortably picked up or cuddled, he worked out that he could lie across my lap and still have some physical contact.

His favourite trick was "the cute thing" - he would lie on his back, and rub his paws across his face - it always made me go weak at the knees and I'm sure he knew :) he would even do it on command :l*v:

He loved to chase a tennis ball - here he is with Cruz, his bestest buddy [also an Angel] - I like to think of them still playing together. We miss finding tennis balls under the furniture...

original.jpg

One of our last photos - and a special favourite

large.jpg

He loved his cuddly bear

TedBear_MG_1494.jpg

was full of curiosity

AdjTedBear_MG_3481.jpg

He always loved puppies - here with Margaret's Faith :D

medium.jpg

he did a fantastic job of raising the youngsters here - he was a wonderful role model to Tommy here, who has grown up into a lovely soft boy too :grin:

We miss him so much

CardTeddy220505-23-101667.jpg

Forever in our hearts and thoughts xxxx

We've been thinking of you today:hug:

Thank you for sharing the photos , he was a really beautiful boy.

Carol, Paul, Elise and Kaley xx

How beautiful he was. He may have had a rough start, but in the end he knew true love...and that's all anyone can ask. Hold on to your memories.

Soulmates - how ever do we live without them?

Thinking so much of you today, Nicki. Megan sends an extra hug too - her old teddy looks remarkaby like the one in your Ted's photo, so another strange connection!

Dogdreams02.jpg

Thanks for sharing the memories, and as always, the beautiful photographs.
He was such an incredibly gorgeous dog and I know how much he meant to you.
I can hardly believe it's been a year.
Sins

He was beautiful ....

I bet the rainbow bridge has a field full of tennis balls for him Cruz.

Thinking of you!

Nicki, they certainly leave their pawprint forever in our hearts:l*v:

The photographs are a legacy to the wonderful life he had with you and will help make your memories of him happy ones and diminish the sad memories of his SM suffering.:hug:

What beautiful photo's of Teddy. Thinking of you at this time Nicki. He looked to be such a stunning boy :hug:

Thank you so much everyone xxx

Marie-Anne, this was "bear" when he was new

TeddyN-25Dec2005-079.jpg

"I think you forgot to take the label off Mum!"

Bear is still with us, looking rather well loved these days :) he sits next to Teddy's ashes.

Teddy went through the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme - it was a hard thing to do at the time but has given us so much comfort over the last year knowing that we were able to help by donating some of his tissues for research. This is such a valuable project - and is the ONLY one of it's kind in any breed - thanks to Margaret Carter who co-ordinated it. The new scheme is open to ALL Cavaliers, not just those diagnosed with SM by MRI.

Please think about it before the time approaches - it's not a good time for decisions then, and it's something we can all do to help our beloved breed.

There is more information about the new scheme here

http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/collection.htm

Last year we gave a donation to Rupert's Fund in Teddy's memory - this year we are sending a donation to the CAVALIER COLLECTION SCHEME in his memory.

Oh, he was certainly a beautiful, beautiful boy. He looked so full of joy!

Thank you for sharing the photo's. I am sure you miss him so terribly much!

Cindy and Claire

Teddy was a beautiful boy, I am sorry you have this heartache, thank you for sharing.:hug:

Teddy was a sweet boy.
He had a bad start but he found a wonderful mum. You gave him a great life and I am sure he knew that. He will be having fun at the Rainbow Bridge.

Back