• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Hair Everywhere!!!

seanboy

Tripp is leaving dog hair everywhere and my wife is going crazy, she's not a big fan of dogs in the house and now all this hair is making it worse. Anyone have advise on how to keep the dog hair from getting on everything? what kind of brush do you recommend, and how often should we brush him? I've heard people talk about the fuminator, will that help?

Thanks,
SeanBoy

All I can offer is ... brush brush brush! I brush mine very couple of days and vacuum every 3 days. I still have doggie hair tumbleweeds though. We also have a lint roller in pretty much every room of the house. It's a part of Cavaliers you can't escape.

Sorry to tell you....there is no hope :lol: I use my swiffer sweeper EVERY DAY and I still have rouge tumble weeds of hair. Then I went and did the smart thing....I bought another cavalier :sl*p: :rotfl:

My advice, start changing the decor to match the dog hair. Everything in my house is not a light color. It matches my blenheim cavalier and my yellow lab. Just don't wear black here!!! :lol:

We have 3 cavaliers and lots of dog hair. I'd recommend getting a Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner for starters; you would not believe how much hair it picks up. ;) Then brush your cavalier every day with a slicker brush, and wash his bed every week. Buy a huge pack of lint rollers! I also have throws on the living room furniture that I wash every week. We use a swiffer vacuum in the kitchen almost every day, too! :)

Hi SeanBoy, I have a Furminator which I use on Bella regularly. It is absolutely brilliant and removes handfuls of dead undercoat everytime I use it. It does help to keep the hair under control.

I also have a Dyson Animal (agree with the above recommendation on this item - fab!) and a sweeper that I run over the house a few times each day.

It's the only way with a cavalier and 2 cats!

Just curious....I've seen the ads for Dyson but what makes them so much better than another vac?? Thanks. :)

i have 5 and when they shed its like a hair factory here ..i have a dyson animal they are great also daily brushing will keep the floors a bit hair free

I think for my birthday I want the new Dyson handvac...I have wood floors so the Full size one wouldn't be worth the investment. However the handvac looks super powerful and hopeful I wouldn't have to empty it 15 times to get the couch vacuumed off! :sl*p:

With 3 dogs and a cat fur is unavoidable at my house. However, there are times of the year where it is worse. I have noticed that with all this mild weather we have had my dogs are already losing their winter coat. :shock:

My suggestions:

1. Get the Animal Dyson (I love mine!!)
2. Put a rubber band around a bristle or pin brush when you brush your dogs, it catches a lot more of the loose hair!

Good luck! Unfortunately... if you have a dog, dog hair is inevitable!

Zippy said:
Just curious....I've seen the ads for Dyson but what makes them so much better than another vac?? Thanks. :)

Hi Zippy....I don't know anything about Dyson's, but I just bought a new Hoover, before I knew we were getting Lily, and it works great! Now I have one for upstairs and one for down, the old one is a Hoover too, and still works great. Upstairs I have all hardwoods, except for the bedrooms. I have area rugs in the other rooms. On the hard woods I use a little cordless Bissel sweeper, that works great too. :)

I second Fraggle's advice on getting a Furminator grooming tool and using it weekly. I use it on Chester regularly and his shedding has been cut down by 75% from what I can tell. Also, there's no way around the fact that with a dog in the house you will have to vacuum more often.

In my opinion, dog hair around the house is a perfectly acceptable price to pay for the amazing love of an amazing and sweet dog!

I think dog hair is part and package of a Cavalier :lol: I vac every day with either my Miele cat n dog or the Dyson. I clip Maxx short and have now also clipped Charlie - we still get furballs from their ears though - they hide under the sofa and behind the hall table (the furballs that is) and try to escape the vac.

We joke about it here and ask which colour dog fur would you like with your dinner :lol:

The Dyson Animal is the best IMO!! I have a Golden (equals three Cavaliers) and little Mia my Cavalier. I vaccuum two to three times a week and it keeps things a fur-free as possible. I thought my other vaccuum was doing a good job, until I got my Dyson and re-vaccuumed a room I had just vaccuumed before I bought the Dyson. I was pretty shocked at how much dirt/hair was left in the carpet.

They're not cheap, but worth every penny.

Since we lost Dillon, we only have the one Saint Bernard... and the difference in the amount of hair on the floor (and everywhere else!) is noticeable... but the hair coming off Missy (remaining Saint) is still incredible. I can Furminate both Cavaliers once a week and still won't come up with even a fraction of what the big dog would give up every day.

KC

I always get my Cav cut reqular and hardly have any hairs . It also helps if you have a wooden floor and I hoover every day.

we brush lady every night with a kong zoom groom and then hoover every day we have an ordinary dyson, we only have one room which has carpet the rest are wooden floors that seems to help. And also she doesn't seem to loose that much hair because she only has a very short coat. Also we have lint rollers in every room and in the car.

Back